Lambeau Field Experience (2 Viewers)

Sounds like fun. Ill never forget going to Fenway. Ive been to other Ballparks, Arlington, Astrodome, Angels, Kansas City, Dodgers, Minute Maid and various minor league fields. Fenway was an experience unlike any other. It felt like you were on sacred ground.
I got to see Fernando Valenzuela pitch in Dodger Stadium. He was pitching relief and was masterful. His arm was going down hill at that point but he gutted it out. I'm not much of a baseball fan but I really enjoyed that.

I have been up there for work a few times and in the dead of winter. I always stay in Appleton. If you go up there again or they are now around the country, go to a Culver's. Great burgers and frozen custard. Think the burger version of Chikfila.

The irony that you say that and I agree. Here in Round Rock, TX we literally have a Culvers and Chik-Fil-A next to one another. Chik-Fil-A still wins hands down for longer lines in the drive thru lanes, but Culvers isn't far behind. The pot roast sandwich with horseradish is the bomb!

It

It was hot as heck that day. I was sitting in the lower section on the east side and the sun was brutal lol.
I grew up on the Gulf Coast, spent a lot of time in New Orleans, and played high school ball wearing all black polyester jerseys in the smothering, humid August and September heat. That said.. One of the hottest days I've ever experienced was a Saints training camp in La Crosse, WI. I thought I was gonna die.

I grew up on the Gulf Coast, spent a lot of time in New Orleans, and played high school ball wearing all black polyester jerseys in the smothering, humid August and September heat. That said.. One of the hottest days I've ever experienced was a Saints training camp in La Crosse, WI. I thought I was gonna die.
Yup. I started playing youth football in Port Sulphur. Then moved back to Pearl River and played Jr. High and high school. I remember the humidity being the worst. It on gets hot here a few weeks a year. The rest of the time its pretty fantastic. My daughter went to college in LaCrosse. Beautiful area.

Yup. I started playing youth football in Port Sulphur. Then moved back to Pearl River and played Jr. High and high school. I remember the humidity being the worst. It on gets hot here a few weeks a year. The rest of the time its pretty fantastic. My daughter went to college in LaCrosse. Beautiful area.
I wish I could find exact dates of their training camp in 1999 so I could look up how hot it was that day. It had to have been near the end of July. I did find 2 days late July where the weather was 95 one day and over 100 another. Had to have been one of those days lol.

There is good food. Brats are fantastic. I don't know about near the stadium but downtown there are some great places. It isn't southern food, but it's good.
I had brat in the stadium at halftime. It was decent. Didn't blow my mind, but it was better than the Dome dogs.

I wish I could find exact dates of their training camp in 1999 so I could look up how hot it was that day. It had to have been near the end of July. I did find 2 days late July where the weather was 95 one day and over 100 another. Had to have been one of those days lol.
I've experienced some brutally hot days in the North in the summer, but the main difference between there and here for me is in Wisconsin even if it gets 95-100 in the day, it'll cool off in the evening. I've watched my nephews' little league games at night here and still had sweat dripping down my face.

I have been before. Flew Dublin, Ireland to Chicago then to New Orleans. Watched us hammer the Falcons (TNF week 6 2015) then flew back to Chicago on Friday night and drove to Green Bay for Packers v Chargers. Trip was with my mate, a Packers fan. Was freezing at the game until the sun came out. We were sitting lower East Stand in Lambeau. Sun came out and was super warm.

Stadium tour and Hall of Fame were excellent. Their team superstore was much bigger than at the dome or the Smoothie King.

Between plays and breaks the crowd round us moaned constantly about the team. Some old guy kept moaning about going back to a cover 2 coverage scheme.

At the Dome people drink, laugh and get up to Dance. I brought my wife to the 2020 49ers game. A girl from Ireland with limited football interest, and she loved the atmosphere. Food at the Dome also much better. Lambeau was good but the Dome is a better experience in my humble opinion

Last edited:
I have been before. Flew Dublin, Ireland to Chicago then to New Orleans. Watched us hammer the Falcons (TNF week 6 2015) then flew back to Chicago on Friday night and drove to Green Bay for Packers v Chargers. Trip was with my mate, a Packers fan. Was freezing at the game until the sun came out. We were sitting lower East Stand in Lambeau. Sun came out and was super warm.

Stadium tour and Hall of Fame were excellent. Their team superstore was much bigger than at the dome or the Smoothie King.

Between plays and breaks the crowd round us moaned constantly about the team. Some old guy kept moaning about going back to a cover 2 coverage scheme.

At the Dome people drink, laugh and get up to Dance. I brought my wife to the 2020 49ers game. A girl from Ireland with limited football interest, and she loved the atmosphere. Good at the Dome also much better. Lambeau was good but the Dome is a better experience in my humble opinion
That's an interesting perspective. As a local Saints fan, it's hard for me to make a lot of judgments about the Dome just b/c I've been so many times and have been watching football there since 1983 (my first game was the season opener as a 5-year-old). The Dome is my default football experience. It's interesting to hear a non-local's point of view. At the 2018 Eagles regular season game, an Eagles fan in my section he was impressed at how loud we were.

That's an interesting perspective. As a local Saints fan, it's hard for me to make a lot of judgments about the Dome just b/c I've been so many times and have been watching football there since 1983 (my first game was the season opener as a 5-year-old). The Dome is my default football experience. It's interesting to hear a non-local's point of view. At the 2018 Eagles regular season game, an Eagles fan in my section he was impressed at how loud we were.
I have followed the Saints from before the 2006 season, religiously since 2007. I have been to the Dome twice. I loved both times. The Nola people, food and music are magnificent. New Orleans has fun quirks like the beignets and the street Jazz. Can’t wait to go back. Probably next Season

I have followed the Saints from before the 2006 season, religiously since 2007. I have been to the Dome twice. I loved both times. The Nola people, food and music are magnificent. New Orleans has fun quirks like the beignets and the street Jazz. Can’t wait to go back. Probably next Season
I hope to get back to Ireland someday myself (both of my grandmothers were 100% Irish - Cork and Kilkenny). Maybe I'll catch a hurling match when I go this time.

I hope to get back to Ireland someday myself (both of my grandmothers were 100% Irish - Cork and Kilkenny). Maybe I'll catch a hurling match when I go this time.
That’s a must. Played hurling all my life. Brilliant to play and watch. Croke Park, our National stadium is excellent. But even local hurling games are excellent viewing. Plenty of hurling in Cork and Kilkenny

My dad was born and lived in Waukesha until he went to Miss St. to train to be a pilot (then wound up in the Army with the ground forces, as his vision wasn't up to par and they had enough pilots). So GB was always our second team after the Saints growing up.

One of my regrets (not really huge as my boys were playing travel soccer and I was pretty invested in that) is missing the trip that my friends took to see the GB Saints opener back in 2010. They said folks were constantly feeding them beers/brats/curd fries in the stadium parking lot and they didn't get into the stadium until late in the 1st quarter. They couldn't believe how warm and friendly the GB fans were....I loved hearing that....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom