LB Matt McCoy [Eagles] Released/Worth Signing? (Update: signed by Saints) (1 Viewer)

Looks likes he is heterochromatic in the eye (2 different color iris), usually indicates a congenital eye disease... pretty rare stuff in humans.

Or he is wearing color contacts in one eye, which is simply weird.

Isn't this the dude that horse collared Bush in the regular season game?

Whatever the case maybe, it's settled......Terminator has to be his nickname

Trust me when i say this. He is not a starter but he hits very hard. Nasty type player. Surprised we got him but i think we needed someone with a mean streak.

I imagine for today's game he'll be primarily in the special teams coverage unit unless they're some injuries.. given that either Evans or Simmons is starting coach may not want to stick them in on special teams if we've got someone else that's good in ST coverage.

it also looks like he's Fujita's backup now.

This guy teamed with Indy starting LB, Freddy Keiaho at SD State. They were both all conference. He seemed to be all over the field in some of the San Diego State games I watched or listened to.

He's probably worth an insurance policy. We will draft early or sign a FA MLB next year. We have been waiting too long for this to get handled.

We've already tried an Eagle 06 starting linebacker (Dhani Jones). "Started at LB for the Eagles" isn't really a compelling item on your resume.

Beyond which, i'm happy with our backups, it's the starters I wouldn't mind improving.
Well, Dhani Jones started because someone was injured, IIRC. McCoy actually earned his spot until beaten out by Takeo Spikes, who is still a pretty fair find on the open market.

Trust me when i say this. He is not a starter but he hits very hard. Nasty type player. Surprised we got him but i think we needed someone with a mean streak.

Yep!

That's what I heard about him. Seems like a heat-seeking missile to lay somebody out! I think this is a very good signing. He can play Special Teams, is active, can play the WLB effectively and can lay the wood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom