Letter from KMSS director of Prog. (1 Viewer)

philsmyers

All-Madden
Reaction score
This is the letter that I received from the program director of KMSS. I think he is full of you know what, but whatever...

Thank you for your interest in the Saints.

This weeks game was confirmed about 2 months ago, and was part of our original plan

to air as many Saints and Cowboy games as possible. Unfortunately the NFL with their

new rule of selecting the best game for NBC took a game from FOX (Chicago/NY Giants)

and moved the Saints game to 3pm where we have the Cowboy game scheduled.

Our early list had us carrying 10 Saints and 9 Cowboy Games, following the Saints victory

on the MNF game our Manager decided to carry the Saints instead of the already confirmed

Cowboy game, we received e-mails and phone calls in the hundreds complaining about the switch.

I received 2 e-mails from Saints fans thanking us for the change.

Regarding your comment about returning Shreveport to LA, we are charged by the FCC

to serve the following: NW Louisiana, NE Texas, SW Arkansas and SE Oklahoma, this

breaks down to 206,000 TV Homes in LA, and 225,980 TV Homes in TX, AR and OK.

If half of the homes in LA (103,000) wanted to watch the Saints which is questionable

(we got many complaints from Cowboy fans in LA),

it still leaves a potential audience of 216,000, who would want to watch the Cowboys,

this is half of the remainder. I know this is just guess work but, it remains that we have

to serve 3 other states besides Louisiana and we try to do this as fairly as we can.

Again thank you for your interest

Doug Ginn

Program Manager

I sent a reply thanking him, surely more people e-mailed this guy.

If fact with Direct TV NFL package I'd prefer if KMSS would not show any Saints games. The reason being that the television quality is much better on the Direct TV NFL Channel than the local fox station, and I'm not talking about HDTV. I hate that KMSS blocks the Direct TV channel and forces you to watch it on FOX 33.

If fact with Direct TV NFL package I'd prefer if KMSS would not show any Saints games. The reason being that the television quality is much better on the Direct TV NFL Channel than the local fox station, and I'm not talking about HDTV. I hate that KMSS blocks the Direct TV channel and forces you to watch it on FOX 33.

I agree. Having the ticket, I actually prefer to watch the games on the ticket rather than on KMSS. But since I got HD, I'm pretty sure I get them on the HD channel whether they are on KMSS or not. But the picture quality on KMSS stinks and it is tougher to flip to other games during commercials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom