Liam Payne (from One Direction) es morte after fall from balcony (5 Viewers)

I feel like The Monkees comparison is complete farce, The Monkees played their instruments, and was a parody of The Beatles. I will try to mend, but damage was done....

1729182753779.jpeg

I would say, One Direction would be similar to, The New Kids on the Block, and other horrible boy pop bands of their kind. Junior High puppy love music, or whatever you want to call the genre.

Anyways, sorry to hear about another loss of life. Do they need to put up more safety measures for balconies for guests, or is this one of those "Hollywood accidents", that we are suppose to just believe?

At first, when their group came together on their T.V. show, the Monkees couldn't play their instruments, but then when their T.V. show and initial records started selling, then they quickly learned their instruments.

I do agree with your take on them being created as a poppy, boy band parody of the Beatles and essentially everything else in your above-comment.

I can’t agree with this enough - I think that stardom, especially super-stardom is not for everyone and I imagine that it takes a lot of self-discipline, talent, help, and perseverance to maintain a long and successful career as an entertainer. I marvel at the ones who have been doing it for 20, 30, 40 or more years - that’s amazing to me.
You forgot to mention a decent share of luck is involved for any young artist-whatever their background or function in their first incarnation of fame-to make it big.

How many great obscure albums and songs have we all heard going back to the late 60's that strike as being so good we wonder why they werent hits or the bands/artists didnt become famous during their primes? Graham Parsons is one very good example. Badfinger, post-Beatles/Apple Records dissolution were like helpless sheep lost in the wilderness surrounded by hungry, ruthless tyrannical wolves. One member of the band committed suicide at his home in Wales and point-blank blamed his crooked manager as the reason for his financial hardship, nervous breakdown, and eventual suicide.

Back in the 1960's and 70's, even most of the successful bands and artists in UK and US got routinely screwed out of royalty percentage payments and club/arena dates because guess who controlled most of the clubs, and some of the arenas back then, especially in the UK? Organized crime. Seriously. Ozzy's late father-in-law, Don Alden, was a notorious gangster, aligned and associated with the Gambino crime family, he once dangled Robert Stigwood out of a high-rise window when he was told he tried to sign the Small Faces from his Jet label behind his back. Pink Floyd and some of their original management once saw the Kray Brothers beat the living sheet out of a club manager in a back alley who didnt pay them owed money. PF's second manager, Steve O'Rourke, IIRC, worked as kind of a "heavy" or associate for some mid-late 60's London underworld type before becoming the band's manager.

It's been speculated or suggested over the years that Led Zeppelin's ruthless, legendary manager, Peter Grant, may have had mob ties in the UK or USA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom