Liam Payne (from One Direction) es morte after fall from balcony (11 Viewers)

OK, it's bullet biting time.

This is supposed to be their best song ever, they call it the Best Song Ever.

I'm sure we all have a few of those weirdly-specific memories that stay with us, even though it's not a memory that had any major impact on our lives.

I've always remembered the first time I learned of One Direction's existence. At some point after returning home from the Easter Vigil mass in 2012, I turned on Saturday Night Live, and they were the musical act....performing "What Makes You Beautiful". Not sure if they were already huge by that point....but if not, it definitely wasn't much longer before it happened.

I'm sure we all have a few of those weirdly-specific memories that stay with us, even though it's not a memory that had any major impact on our lives.

I've always remembered the first time I learned of One Direction's existence. At some point after returning home from the Easter Vigil mass in 2012, I turned on Saturday Night Live, and they were the musical act....performing "What Makes You Beautiful". Not sure if they were already huge by that point....but if not, it definitely wasn't much longer before it happened.

Yeah, that was their breakthrough hit and I believe remained their most well-known song.

It was written by Savan Kotecha and Carl Falk, professional songwriters who each have dozens of recorded pop tracks by well known artists. None of the One Direction members is credited for any aspect of the song including its writing, recording, and production . . . except for the vocals.

Apparently he was going through some stuff - that “young star” life is hard on young people, especially those who fall out of it and don’t have the talent to continue or the self-confidence to go do something else fulfilling.

I feel like The Monkees comparison is complete farce, The Monkees played their instruments, and was a parody of The Beatles. I will try to mend, but damage was done....

1729182753779.jpeg

I would say, One Direction would be similar to, The New Kids on the Block, and other horrible boy pop bands of their kind. Junior High puppy love music, or whatever you want to call the genre.

Anyways, sorry to hear about another loss of life. Do they need to put up more safety measures for balconies for guests, or is this one of those "Hollywood accidents", that we are suppose to just believe?

Anyways, sorry to hear about another loss of life. Do they need to put up more safety measures for balconies for guests, or is this one of those "Hollywood accidents", that we are suppose to just believe?

He was apparently highly intoxicated on who knows what and was destroying things before falling over the balcony.

Post in thread 'Liam Payne (from One Direction) es morte after fall from balcony'
https://saintsreport.com/threads/li...e-after-fall-from-balcony.514193/post-9683858

LOL so my 21 yr got home from SELU yesterday and was like " ive gotten 40 text messages asking ' r u ok'" and she was like " im so tired of reminding them that im Harry's WIFE , not Liams " lol

I wouldnt be surprised to learn my daughter and yours know each other just from their obsession with Harry Styles. lolol.

She made me watch Dunkirk ( which i really enjoyed ) and Dont Worry Darling ( which i also enjoyed )

I took my then 12 year old and her friend to see One D at the Dome in 2014. The sound of 50,000 tween/teen girls shrieking will never leave my brain.

Then for her high school graduation (2020) we bought her tix to a Harry Styles show for that summer - of course COVID came and cancelled it, but Harry rescheduled a year later, but then he rescheduled again - they finally got to go see the show as sophomores in college.

One D was nothing more than a boy band but Harry has a very devoted following and has managed a pretty successful solo career.

The rest of those guys I'm sure are struggling with Lance Bass Syndrome while Harry is closer to Justin Timberlake status.

I took my then 12 year old and her friend to see One D at the Dome in 2014. The sound of 50,000 tween/teen girls shrieking will never leave my brain.

Then for her high school graduation (2020) we bought her tix to a Harry Styles show for that summer - of course COVID came and cancelled it, but Harry rescheduled a year later, but then he rescheduled again - they finally got to go see the show as sophomores in college.

One D was nothing more than a boy band but Harry has a very devoted following and has managed a pretty successful solo career.

The rest of those guys I'm sure are struggling with Lance Bass Syndrome while Harry is closer to Justin Timberlake status.
yea, my wife took our daughter to that concert, she was like 10. her and 3 other 10 year olds. But my wife is a NKOTB die hard fan, so she fit right in..

She was there (2014- wife went ) with a gaggle of girls. I didnt go for that exact reason ( shrilling tweens lol )

Annnnd if the Harry show was the Atlanta show ( iirc Oct 2021 ) - my girl was there. LOL. ( Mom again but this time just her plus un )

I dont look at any boy band begrudgingly- i just remember my baby girl, jumping up and down on her bed, blasting "Best song ever" and singing into a fake microphone with her 2 best friends as the back up dancers and having us record them. Or slumped over bed listening solo and getting lost in the lyrics.

At the end of the day, its entertainment and provides me with some sweet memories of a time that has looooong passed of pure joy and innocence.

Just had her 21st bday party last weekend. I tend to always "look forward" but i was forced to reminisce and it was very hard - i so miss my little girl with the colored extensions, glitter and tickets to OneD, 5SOS or Miley.

So when i hear of something like this, it does sadden me to know that this was "her thing" growing up and while not Harry ( thank goodness lol ) it still leaves a mark.

Annnnd if the Harry show was the Atlanta show ( iirc Oct 2021 ) - my girl was there. LOL. ( Mom again but this time just her plus un )

Hers was at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut (long story).

I had a solid Dad run in middle school of taking her to One D, Miley Cyrus (1st post-Hannah Montana tour), and Taylor Swift (when she officially 'left' country music).
Not surprisingly, T-Swift was the only decent show (from dad perspective).

Daughter is coming home next weekend with 3 other girls (all of whom are out of college/first jobs) to see Taylor at the Dome.

Apparently he was going through some stuff - that “young star” life is hard on young people, especially those who fall out of it and don’t have the talent to continue or the self-confidence to go do something else fulfilling.

I can’t agree with this enough - I think that stardom, especially super-stardom is not for everyone and I imagine that it takes a lot of self-discipline, talent, help, and perseverance to maintain a long and successful career as an entertainer. I marvel at the ones who have been doing it for 20, 30, 40 or more years - that’s amazing to me.

Daughter is coming home next weekend with 3 other girls (all of whom are out of college/first jobs) to see Taylor at the Dome.

I did the Hannah Montana show and Jazz Fests- wife did the others ( plus she enjoyed the music ) but that is awesome- time you wont get back at those ages and are memorable in their own way.

Aaaaaaaaaaand mine will be there lolol ( birthday gift from her best friend of 18 years )

( Sat show- 26th )

Still trying to figure out what "Era" they will go as.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom