Locker Room "cancers" ...Saints & Hanesworth (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I can think of a few successful Saints who were labeled actual or probable cancers:

Anthony Hargrove ...drug use

Darren Sharper ...squabble over Packers' contract

Jeremy Shockey ...media stirring the pot with him & Eli; how Giants dissed him in SB XLII(?)

Hanesworth's attitude has gone south with the Redskins. But then again, Randy Moss ("poster boy problem child") was horrible attitude-wise with the Raiders & return to the Vikings. Yet, he was a "model citizen" with the Patriots and their system.

Given Hanesworth's potential as a dominant D-lineman, and the possibilities of him being on a D-line with Big Sed in the middle and Big Will on the other end (and 3G as D-Coordinator), would it be worth the risk for Loomis to (as many have said) ..."make it happen?"

When properly motivated, Hanesworth is unstoppable one-on-one. Unfortunately, in recent years he's been as motivated as Jonathan Sullivan. :covri: :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

god_please_make_it_stop.jpg

Not a chance. Gregg Williams has repeatedly said he wants DL that can play sideline to sideline (read DL who can actually run/pursue, not ultra fat run stuffers who can barely lift themselves off the ground when a OL knocks them down)

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167299

We're not talking a passing by, more like a couple hours of football talk!! Gregg is from Missouri and was back hosting his annual golf tourney this weekend. He was more than willing to answer all of my football questions (both he and blake seemed somewhat impressed) and trust me, I asked everything I could. FYI, Gregg got me so pumped up for the season I could have punched my mother in the jaw. He is a presence! Blake is cool as hell too.

Which led to him asking about Haynesworth...

There is NO chance. Zero percent chance we were ever going to go after Haynesworth. Atleast not if anyone asked gregg, flat out told me so. Blake gave a few stories that hes heard from others in the league. Bottom line is we wernt having him in our locker.

Not a chance. Gregg Williams has repeatedly said he want DL that can play sideline to sideline (read DL who can actually run/pursue, not ultra fat run stuffers who just lay on the ground when a OL knocks them down)

fify.

I can think of a few successful Saints who were labeled actual or probable cancers:

Anthony Hargrove ...drug use

Darren Sharper ...squabble over Packers' contract

Jeremy Shockey ...media stirring the pot with him & Eli; how Giants dissed him in SB XLII(?)

I see the comparison you're trying to make, but the main difference between Haynesworth and those players mentioned is that I've never seen Hargrove stump on another guys head with his cleats, causing the guy's head to literally gush with blood. I've never seen Sharper lay on the ground for 5 seconds while a play is going on. I've never seen Shockey not finish conditioning drills 2 weeks after everyone else then moan and cry like a baby on the sidelines and be an outcast.

My point is, Haynesworth is a totally different animal.

I say stick with who we have and use next years draft to address defensive needs in the front 7.

If you haven't noticed, next years draft is absolutely stacked with defensive studs.

Do you think Haynesworth would be able to do the 40 up-downs Gregg Williams will require of him? It'd probably take him a quarter of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom