Looking at the remaining schedule, How many will they win? (1 Viewer)

On paper all those teams look/are beatable at the moment besides the Eagles (although Trevor Lawrence lost 4 fumbles today and the Jags still only lost by 8). Given our history against running/run-forward QBs I’m going to say we lose for sure to the eagles and the ravens (though the ravens have shown an ability to choke in spectacular fashion twice this season). Based on what I’ve seen we should be beating the Steelers, the Raiders, and the 49ers. The rest are toss ups to me.

Based on that:
Floor - 4-13
Ceiling - 12-5
Even split of my predicted 50/50 games - 8-9

I think a realistic team goal from here forward is 10-7, hopefully that gets you in the playoffs.

I fully appreciate you setting the ceiling with this team going 11-2 the rest of the way. It’s absolutely LUDICROUS, but I admire the optimism.

To recap, your ceilling is 11-2, floor is 3-10. That is, wild.

I fully appreciate you setting the ceiling with this team going 11-2 the rest of the way. It’s absolutely LUDICROUS, but I admire the optimism.

To recap, your ceilling is 11-2, floor is 3-10. That is, wild.

There’s a reason they’re called ceilings and floors. If every thing goes right based on my opinion that’s the best we can hope for or the worst we should expect.

The realistic goal part is where I think we could/should end up if we just right the ship and get a bit of luck without having literally everything go our way.

There’s a reason they’re called ceilings and floors. If every thing goes right based on my opinion that’s the best we can hope for or the worst we should expect.

The realistic goal part is where I think we could/should end up if we just right the ship and get a bit of luck without having literally everything go our way.
I agree...we're what, 3 plays away from being 4-0 (Ingram fumble, AK Fumble/TD, and a hands to the face penalty)...it would've been a Grace Jones scary looking 4-0 but 4-0.

On the flip side, we're a couple plays away from being 0-4....

That is what makes this season so exciting

3 more then watch Eagles trade the No 3 pick in the draft for a crap load of picks to some team inbred of a QB

It was a rough first quarter but this team is far from its best. No idea how long it will take to get there. For now, I'll just put some faith in DA to get it under control. He's getting ragged on hard enough as is.

Q2 (2-2; still figuring things out)
Seattle
Bengals
@Cardinals
Raiders

Q3 (3-1; things starting to work)
Ravens
@Steelers
Rams
@ 49ers

Q4 (3-2; tough realizations):
@Bucs
Falcons
@Browns (DWatson)
@Eagles
Carolina

Final record 9-8. Get a winning season, maybe stumble into a playoff spot but doesn't feel like we're ready to compete.

Seattle
Bengals
@Cardinals
Raiders
Ravens
@Steelers
Rams
@ 49ers
@Bucs
Falcons
@Browns (DWatson)
@Eagles
Carolina

Why would you go in my thread and then post this same thing essentially?

You even copied and pasted my list and just added Seattle and Carolina.

Lol

Seattle
Bengals
@Cardinals
Raiders
Ravens
@Steelers
Rams
@ 49ers
@Bucs
Falcons
@Browns (DWatson)
@Eagles
Carolina

We face a lot of the good QBs but they all won’t have great games against our defense. They’re due for letdown games as the season goes on. Our defense will do its job.

Opposing QBs aren’t the ones beating us more than our own turnovers.

I think we go 8-5 or 9-4 the rest of the way only if we fix the turnovers.

vs. Geno Smith - two+ poss. Win
vs. Joe Burrow - statement home Win to get to .500 (D should have 5+ sacks against Burrow)
@ Kyler Murray - Loss
vs. Derek Carr - Win
vs. Lamar Jackson - Loss
@ Kenny Pickett - two+ poss. Win
vs. Matthew Stafford - Loss
vs. Jimmy Garoppolo - Win
@ Tom Brady - revenge Win
vs. Marcus Mariota - two+ poss. Win
@ Deshaun Watson - Loss
@ Jalen Hurts - Loss
vs. Baker Mayfield - Win

I understand the concept of a ceiling. No ceiling for this team is 11-2.

Think about it -- because of the Bucs loss yesterday, the Saints control their own destiny -- sort of.

Keeping everything in a purely numbers perspective, if we win out, we end up tied with the Bucs for the best record in the NFC South.
If the Bucs also win out except for a loss to us, they will own the division tiebreaker based on inter-division records.
But I will take it.
Keeping it fun week to week, putting aside the seemingly low chance of the Saints winning out.
Even though the Bucs got beat, I have to admit that their offense looked pretty potent, despite not running the ball that well.
The Chiefs played great. Mahomes dazzled, and Kelce shone pretty dang well himself.
And our own Edwards-Helaire played well, too. As well as the Chiefs other running back. The Bucs play any other team, they win.

Last edited:
Futile. This stuff never goes as it seems.

If the first 4 games were called fairly by the refs, we're 2-2 and maybe even 3-1 right now. We're not a very good team, but in this case, we're not what our record says we are.

If we get the same kind of calls for the rest of the season, we'll be a 7-10 or 8-9 team (and I'll be completely done with the NFL).

If the officiating evens out, I think we can finish with 10 or 11 wins and a wildcard playoff spot. Every game except the panthers has been competitive and winnable.
We were in it vs the Panthers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom