Loss to Eagles is on DA (22 Viewers)

2 big plays by the eagles. Defense was gassed, seemed like they were on field the whole game and still only gave up 15pts. It was strange game for sure.

They lost a close game to one of the top teams in the NFC. It's his fault as head coach, but it's not surprising that we lost to Philly.

This thread is like blaming the coach for running when passing is the typical call, or vice versa. The coach knows that zone is usual in 3rd-and-16 but did it anyway as part of a big-picture plan that we know nothing about. Maybe the offense was planning for zone defense, also because it is typical??? DA held one of the best offenses to 15 when the offense could not sustain drives.

As head coach, DA does deserve the blame. I've ,never been impressed with his defensive play calling. If you've been paying attention you knew the Saints were going to lose when they scored with 2 minutes left on the clock, because DA can't stop a 2 minute offense.
Yes, the offense sucked, yes the offensive play calling sucked, and yes the D was gassed by the end of the game. Yes McCoy getting hurt slowed the offense yes Taysom was out.

In the end, DA has been the head coach for 3 years and this is the team he formed. Losses are going to happen, but let's see how the Saints rebound from it.

We should have kicked the FG.
We are a ball control team with a good defense, we should take points whenever points are an option. Going for it on 4th & 2 is what Philadelphia does. We let the opponent affect our play calling. We played their game and lost.

We should have kicked the FG.
We are a ball control team with a good defense, we should take points whenever points are an option. Going for it on 4th & 2 is what Philadelphia does. We let the opponent affect our play calling. We played their game and lost.
100 percent

First off, we lost and it is what it is. I hope DA learns from 2 crucial mistakes that he made in this game. Even if he gets one out of the two right, we likely escape with a win.

First mistake was to not take 3 points in a game that scoring was anemic. If he kicked the FG, we win. The other mistake was playing man instead of a zone defense on the big Goedert play.

You all may disagree with my assessment and hindsight is 20-20 vision, but those are 2 things that veteran coaches should know. I hope that he owns these mistakes and learns from them.
Not taking points in most games is foolish. If your down by 7 with 30 seconds left don’t kick a field goal, I understand but in this situation it was not the right call. With that said, no team is going undefeated this season, the team fought hard without two of the primary offensive players, and Taysom maybe the most valuable player on the entire team. A loss is bad but it wasn’t the end of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom