Loss to Eagles is on DA (100 Viewers)

He could've been a little more aware of Dallas Goedert.
A little more aware? The entire defense should have been keyed in on Goedert. He was responsible for nearly 2/3 of their receiving yards yesterday and the other primary pass catcher, DeVonta Smith, was out of the game with a concussion. Nobody else had more than 13 yards total receiving yards. DA put Harris on him in man. Inexcusable.

You need to go back and watch the game. Players running into each other, we should have been in zone.
our Oline sucked , receivers and Carr were off. Move on to next week!

A little more aware? The entire defense should have been keyed in on Goedert. He was responsible for nearly 2/3 of their receiving yards yesterday and the other primary pass catcher, DeVonta Smith, was out of the game with a concussion. Nobody else had more than 13 yards total receiving yards. DA put Harris on him in man. Inexcusable.

DA claimed after the game that they were often doing things to double Goedert but he was beating it. I'm not sure if what he said is true and I'm not sure if it was the play calls or the execution that made it not work, but that's what DA said they were doing. And there were supposed to be two high Safeties over the top of Goedert with Harris in man on the 3rd and 15 but Howden crashed down from his zone and took out Harris and Lattimore.

I get that you don't like that play call, but it was the guy in zone, Howden, that caused the issue.

DA claimed after the game that they were often doing things to double Goedert but he was beating it. I'm not sure if what he said is true and I'm not sure if it was the play calls or the execution that made it not work, but that's what DA said they were doing. And there were supposed to be two high Safeties over the top of Goedert with Harris in man on the 3rd and 15 but Howden crashed down from his zone and took out Harris and Lattimore.

I get that you don't like that play call, but it was the guy in zone, Howden, that caused the issue.
If he got the defense together and told them to focus on Philly's only real remaining pass catcher, they clearly did not hear him. Goedert broke free nearly immediately after the ball was snapped with Harris several yards behind him and nobody else got close for 55 yards.

Howden did not take out Harris. Harris cut up and into the collision between Howden and Lattimore. It was irrelevant because he was already beat. Besides, Howden wouldn't have had Lattimore crossing in front of him that way if they had been in zone.

Last edited:
With no real threats at WR, the Saints (in hindsight) should of match up with Goedert by playing more zone (man zone) and challenge Hurts to get the ball in tight windows.

If he got the defense together and told them to focus on Philly's only real remaining pass catcher, they clearly did not hear him. Goedert broke free nearly immediately after the ball was snapped with Harris several yards behind him and nobody else got close for 55 yards.

Howden did not take out Harris. Harris cut up and into the collision between Howden and Lattimore. It was irrelevant because he was already beat. Besides, Howden wouldn't have had Lattimore crossing in front of him that way if they had been in zone.

I'm just telling you what Howden said after the game:

“That’s all my fault,” said Howden, who fell on the sword since he was the deep safety crashing down while the others were in man coverage. “I gotta make sure I clear the traffic because everybody else is in man, and I’m just coming down from space.

“Seen a crosser, was trying to go get it, just ran into another teammate. Things happen, but I just didn’t see him and it just happened at the wrong time. … It sucks, but I gotta move on to next week, because that type of stuff will haunt you.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom