M. Lewis not going to play Sunday? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SaintsFan if you scroll up that was the exact topic we were talking about, as to whether the move had to be made by Friday for it to be a go. In the link that was so kindly provided Payton says he will decide Friday or Saturday... so I guess that still leaves us time to hope.

OP
OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I talked to michael's sister today (graduated with her) and she told me that michael was going to play and that he got some tickets for his family to go "watch him" so ima go with yes he will play but hey she might not be totally right.

Wow Gerdy thanks for the news! I am feeling more and more like this is going to happen! :ezbill:

GEAUX SAINTS!

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He said Friday or Saturday.

Payton doesn't want the Ravens game planning for beerman.

Not to disagree, but the gameplan for Reggie Bush/M. Lewis/Charles Grant returning punts would not really be that different. Punt team stays in their lanes and shed blocks if needed and find the ball, it would not really be that different for whomever is returning punts.

OP
OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not to disagree, but the gameplan for Reggie Bush/M. Lewis/Charles Grant returning punts would not really be that different. Punt team stays in their lanes and shed blocks if needed and find the ball, it would not really be that different for whomever is returning punts.

What you say makes sense, however it goes against the epic drama that is unfolding in my head so I choose to beleive that he is some secret weapon that they will all be staring at with mouths on the ground wondering what just hit them. Shhhhh, don't mess with the moment.

:ezbill:

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What you say makes sense, however it goes against the epic drama that is unfolding in my head so I choose to beleive that he is some secret weapon that they will all be staring at with mouths on the ground wondering what just hit them. Shhhhh, don't mess with the moment.

:ezbill:

LOL yea, I hear ya. IF M. Lewis is back to his old form he a pretty special runner so I know where you are coming from. I am pretty eager to see exactly where he is at in his recovery and if he is ready to run to the end zone.

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
I talked to michael's sister today (graduated with her) and she told me that michael was going to play and that he got some tickets for his family to go "watch him" so ima go with yes he will play but hey she might not be totally right.

Thanks for tip! Why in the ****{MOD EDIT--veiled profanity} is Payton keeping such a tight lid on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

TPS

Reaction score
>>Kenny W. and Joe Horn have said many times that they know what his status will be but just CAN"T spill the beans

I hear ya. No one deserves more of a cheer out on that field than Michael Lewis. He's a native, and his family and friends have suffered through the same things so many of us have. He's a local hero and a major favorite player of mine.

Going on record here if he returns kickoffs: doubters, haters and pre-mature in declaring his career over posters will be eating their words. They know who they are. Watch for some electric stuff from Lewis should he get the nod. ;)

TPS

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
If Deuce really is hurt and not going to play this game, then Michael definatly is going to get to play.

Reggie will assume the #1 RB spot and most likely not have PR duties anymore, enter Beerman.

OP
OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Deuce really is hurt and not going to play this game, then Michael definatly is going to get to play.

Reggie will assume the #1 RB spot and most likely not have PR duties anymore, enter Beerman.

We havent had any indications that Deuce's injury is anywhere close to bad enough to keep him from playing have we? :interrogations:

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Michael Lewis HAS TO PLAY!.....there is no reason to keep a PLAYMAKER like M Lewis DEACTIVATED, when he's 100%, according to the HC!.....having said that, I agree with the coach keeping a lid on the news as long as possible, so keeping the Ravens in limbo makes perfect sense!

GonzalesSaint

Veteran
Reaction score
Duece came back after a few series of the Eagles game, then had 2 weeks to rest i believe he will be fine...And dont kill the messenger if Michael doesnt play tomorrow thats just what i heard from his sister

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
AGAIN, like DEUCE getting his 5K yards, when Michael Lewis is introduced or hits the field, our DOME will come ALIVE with cheers!!!!!!!

This is a game the Ravens will have to dig very deep to compete with the SAINTS! There is so much emotion pouring down from the stands, Brian Billichicken won't be able to get the plays in to McNair!

If we can abuse McScab, what's another Mc or two????

The ONLY Mac that matters on Sunday will be McAllister!!!!!!!!! Our REAL MAC DADDY!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I personally don't think he will be activated just for the simple reason that he might not be football ready. He needs a few more practices first. But Im like everyone else, I would love to see him in the dome Saturday. We shall see but I seriously doubt he is.

JRead2

Hades is frozen.
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that he played. That means we will get to see him returning kicks tomorrow. :)

Orlandomac01

Reaction score
I think he should play it. I hope so that way Reggie wont have to returnn and we can put lewis on punt return

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think we need him and I hope he plays, but this idea that we aren't activating him so that the Ravens can't plan for him is a bit silly, IMO. Kick return coverage is pretty simple. And Lewis doesn't do anything different than anyone else- get the ball and run as fast as you can. He's just really fast. But is there some way that they could possibly prepare for him that's different than anyone else?

Either way, I hope he busts one! Our kick returning has been pretty lackluster. Not bad, but not exciting. I hope 84 takes one to the house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom