Mad Max: Fury Road (1 Viewer)

I just saw it today. This movie was terrible. I am not kidding. And I WANTED to like it. I couldn't WAIT for it to be over. How much "acting" did you get from the lead? Almost nil. Charlize gave a powerful performance, I guess. The guy who played the War Boy was pretty good as well. But paint me in the category of those who were NOT impressed, AT ALL.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you ask how much "acting" we got from the lead.

If you are referring to him not really being the main character, then I'll grant you that. I'm not sure that hurt the movie though. This was Furiosa's story and her journey. Even Max realizes that and he becomes a man who helps her with her journey/story.

In my opinion, the world of Mad Max has always been more interesting than Max the character so I didn't view this as anything too new/unexpected.

I thought some of the character development (Nux's "face" turn for example) was a bit rushed, but otherwise thought it was an awesome movie with amazing action and world building.

I don't think Nux was a bad guy ever. All he ever wanted was glory.

To live to die, then live again.

Yeah, face turn was just me using short hand.

But I do think his turn away from Joe and being a Warboy & his affections for the wife were pretty sudden and came out of nowhere.

I liked the character and thought the scene with his sacrifice was well done. I just wasn't really feeling that scene with him on floor, talking to the wife.

I just saw it today. This movie was terrible. I am not kidding. And I WANTED to like it. I couldn't WAIT for it to be over. How much "acting" did you get from the lead? Almost nil. Charlize gave a powerful performance, I guess. The guy who played the War Boy was pretty good as well. But paint me in the category of those who were NOT impressed, AT ALL.

While I can respect your opinion, I felt it was everything a Mad Max movie was supposed to be. It was loud, audacious, dynamic, and over the top. I wish Max had more face time, but that can be for another movie. Nux was my favorite character, and everything he did was extreme. I am actually hoping he didn't die in that final crash (wishful thinking, I know). And you still have Rictus Erectus ("I had a baby brother. And he was perfect. Perfect in every way!") around for a possible sequel.

I've watched it 3 times in the last week. I loved it.

I liked it better than the new Star Wars but I want to see TFA once more in theaters to see if it holds up as well on the second viewing.

Fury Road delivered for sure though.

Max has always been the equivalent of Clint Eastwood's laconic gunfighter with no name. Both are loners and words are not their strong suit. However, it is in what is left unsaid that makes their stories so strong. Both exist in a no man's land; a dystopian future for one, and a wasteland for the other. Both want to do the right thing, but will commit horrific acts when pushed.

Luv me some Mad Max and some Clint. Good men when they need to be.

a no man's land

in Fury Road, this ends up being literal as the power changes hands - which was a motif throughout the entire movie, right up through the chase scene at the end as the weaponized, mechanized spermatazoa pursue the feminine through a valley reminiscent of a birth canal - culminating in a pass through an overtly yonic opening

It took home 6 so shiny and chrome Oscars... not bad at all...

Some scenes w/o the cgi...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dfm4gvxNW_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about a little Mad Max trivia?

Immortan Joe was played by Hugh Keays-Byrne. Keays-Byrne also happened to play the main bad guy, Toecutter, in the original Mad Max.

Son of a *****! Wow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom