Mad Max: Fury Road (1 Viewer)

The name of the 3rd place was Gas Town.

That's what I was saying was the answer to the high use of cars in this movie, considering in The Road Warrior, there was a shortage of gasoline. You had three dominate communities. One controlled water, the other controlled gasoline and the other controlled bullets. Someone was disappointed in the lack of backstory, but it was easy to figure out that these three communities traded with each other and were all vital to each other's existence in this type of world. Sometimes there is nothing wrong with letting the viewer use his imagination about the backstory by giving them just enough info about what happened..

I found the fact that there wasn't much dialogue refreshing. The movie is what it is and makes no apologies for it.

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with letting the viewer use his imagination about the backstory by giving them just enough info about what happened..

I was the one who didn't like the lack of a story. It is one of my nitpicks. I hate lazy writing. I can't stand it when a show/movie ends with ambiguity and the writers say, "we let the viewers decide what happened in their own minds." No you have a story--tell it. All of it. I know that really didn't happen here, but I do think it was lazy writing (screw the dialogue--we'll just drive around for 2 hours and blow stuff up).

The action was great, and I love action films. However, I just believe that there was no connection with the characters. They almost got there with Nux. To tell the truth, my favorite character was the guy with the guitar. That isn't necessarily a positive for him, but rather telling of how little the other characters were developed. The villains were meh, too.

I can't stand it when a show/movie ends with ambiguity and the writers say, "we let the viewers decide what happened in their own minds." No you have a story--tell it. All of it.

But that's the thing with art...you want to inspire imagination. You can't do that if you make the totality of the story concrete. That's why the Force in Star Wars was so compelling before the <s>mitochondria</s> midichlorians were introduced.

Though I will agree that there were some things that felt entirely too glossed over in Fury Road...like how Furia or whatever ended up trusting Max way too much on way too little info.

But that's the thing with art..

Let's not get crazy here. MMFR is not "art." :hihi:

With that said, I don't mind some mystery in a story, but the whole thing can't be a mystery just a bunch of action--at least not to me.

They could have left some mystery, but still developed characters and the story. I don't need to know the background of the guitar player, but I would like to have something for Max and Furiosa.

Yall are talking about art when Mad Max kicks you in the the teeth from beginning to end.

Who cares about art?

Watch this movie. It's awesome and just doesn't stop. Good lord. Can't wait to watch it again

It was intense. Some of the coolest stuntwork I have ever seen. The story was fine. There was just enough meat on the bone to keep things moving forward.

I liked it quite a lot for what it was.

Yall are talking about art when Mad Max kicks you in the the teeth from beginning to end.

Who cares about art?

Watch this movie. It's awesome and just doesn't stop. Good lord. Can't wait to watch it again
That's what was so awesome about it: it was nonstop awesome for two hours but there WAS enough story to give it depth. That's where the art comes in and that's what adds to its resonance with me.

Word is a sequel has been greenlit called Madmax The Wasteland. Supposedly Charlize and Tom Hardy didn't get along so they probably won't have Furiousa in it but she may be getting a spin off movie of her own.

Just the movie scuttlebutt. Nothing confirmed.

One of the few scenes in the movie without action, but I didn't mind one bit..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432242057244.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432242057244.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 14

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom