Marcus/PJ Williams (1 Viewer)

He's a 6 foot corner against a 6'6" TE who gave him a full arm extentsion. If he "turns around" the ball would have been even further over his head. After getting OPIed, he was trying to at least knock the ball out. You can't do that turned around.
Then is it just bad defense? Is that coaching? Vikings win.

Look, you saw this with Brandon Browner being sent back on the field over and over.

Enduring weakness of this staff is to not jump on player or coaching performance issues proactively before it kills you. Seems once Williams was injured should have taken the opportunity to start reducing his role.

I would have given even money he’d be in on a crucial collapse to end the season.

Let me tell you about the interview I saw with Marcus Williams once.

He was asked by a reporter if the "Minnesota Miracle" would define his personality and how he played.

And so he says something like "no I don't let that one play define who I am".

And, of course, I'm thinking to myself, a player with heart would get up and think about that play every morning. Then they would work twice as hard to prevent himself from becoming a Vikings trivia question. But not Williams, no. Hes not going to let that day in Minnesota bother him. He's probably not going to let today bother him either.

It seems like the guy has no heart.

Need to part ways with both of the Williams brothers. Both are huge liabilities at FS and CB. We have their replacements already in Jenkins, CGJ, and even Robinson. All of them are upgrades at CB; and all can play in position after the ball enough for either of them to even play FS better. Eli Apple needs to be re-signed

Then is it just bad defense? Is that coaching? Vikings win.

I think it's called a Y Leak play, where the TE slides out on a fade route. As long as you don't run it that often its hard to defend. Specially against a nickel corner.

We were awful fortunate to even have a chance there after letting them systematically march down the field till the 2 yard line. It's the same old story at the end of games against good teams. The secondary just gets confused and our time outs are all gone.

Anyone watch marcus William's on the Cook td run?? It was pathetic. Horrible angle and then just gave up. I dont know wtf he was looking at. I'm sick of yelling at the tv watching the same sorry players make the same mistakes.

Quite simple. There are assets and liabilities. Marcus Williams is a huge liability ...PJ draped on a WR grabbing without ever finding the ball is getting old too...Marcus taking bad angles and out of position should be rookie year not third year mistakes.... PJ isn't exactly improving his technique either. We have to get better here. Glenn needs drill these guys on technique and reading coverages more

I’m tired of seeing Marcus Williams always colliding with a DB can he make a tackle without taking his teammate out . Shirt, you can make a ten minute lowlight reel with him colliding with a DB.
The fans know nothing!

Come on.

Whatever he does right by running to the right part of the field is offset by his disastrous tackling and lateness over the top and ability to showcase both in the biggest moments.

I fully support being done with both. PJ has been the weakest player all year!
THIS.....RIGHT......HERE. PJ ALWAYS looks lost. He is always and a position of having to chase someone. He is never step for step as a defender. Defense will never progress until this is fixed.

you guys slamming PJ seem to forget Eli Apple being in there.

Of course he puts his Instagram on private. Probably was getting roasted in the comments again

Well any Saints fan roasting him like that is trash IMHO. It's one thing to question capabilities and discuss the future in settings like this. It's another to just personally attack someone. If that's occuring, shame on those "fans."

On the last play, but Marcus Williams surrendered the deep route that got the Vikings to first and goal in OT.

He bit on the underneath routes and was late getting back to cover the deep route.
Patrick Robinson is to blame for getting burned by Thielen to the 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom