Mardi Gras 2023 (1 Viewer)

I’m not going to make a thread and I’ll be on through the evening, but I bid you all a temporary adieu

Just a headsup, y’all have allowed some crazy **** to go on in the world during my absences and imma need y’all to be a bit more vigilant

Please and thank you

In all seriousness, take it light brother , we’ll miss yer hijinks around here .

Or, alternatively- maybe consider becoming Buddhist or something for a couple months , and avoid the ’giving **** up for Lent‘ thing . :shrug:

A guy I work with is from Carencro. Over 2 weekends he brought back 2 strawberry cream cheese filled from Meche's. I could hurt myself with just a bucket of the filling.

I mean, i cant believe we ever subsisted on just plain king cakes for so long, what with the advent of cream cheese and various filled king cakes over the last 20 yrs or so.. i turn my prominent proboscis up at plain king cake these days .

We have our own criminals to deal with than to worry about those coming in to do their own...

Ha, i got a call last night from an NOPD cop on the corner of Royal & Dumaine.. she said she had my dad’s phone, i guess he lost it while out parading w/some friends from out of town.. this was at 6:30pm Central, and the cop’s all “No rush, ill be here til 6am tomorrow morning!”.. lol.. i myself am out of state, but i guess he has me down as an emergency contact; so i had to track them down from afar and let them know where to find the cop.. Guess my father’s lucky he didn’t become a cellphone theft victim .

We have been through several Dough Nguyeners cakes this year. It's my vote for best new comer. My favorite is still HiDo marzipan filled and topped with almond slivers.
I guess I'm too bland. My king cake has to be traditional with no filling, although I might partake in one with Bavarian creme.

Mackenzie’s or Tastees will do it for me. Every other king cake out there is more than I need. I’ll still eat them, but they are more than I need.
I guess I'm too bland. My king cake has to be traditional with no filling, although I might partake in one with Bavarian creme.

My wife is currently sorting through all of the beads and crap from this year. I don't know where all of this sheet came from. We only paraded 4 days.

My wife is currently sorting through all of the beads and crap from this year. I don't know where all of this sheet came from. We only paraded 4 days.

It's ridiculous really. My Houma family complains that they don't catch enough in NOLA. It's like...how much more sheet do you want to throw away anyway?

Yup
We are some middleman for throws moving from Napoleon to the Arc on Loyola and Nashville

PXL_20230222_004220096.PORTRAIT.jpg

Happy Mardi Gras and blessed Lent. I may or may not log out for lent so if I don't see ya...be well.

That looks perfect and the Mardi Gras colors reflecting on the fork are a nice touch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom