Mardi Gras 2023 (2 Viewers)

No prob, hope it works out for you and yours .

What was interesting (at least to me) in looking up that info is that i discovered that MG can occur anywhere from Feb 3rd til March 9th.. i cant personally remember, in my lifetime, MG occurring anywhere near Feb 3rd, nor as late as Mar 9th- though i did see that MG 2027 will take place on Feb 9th, which might be the earliest i can recall it happening .

ETA so i lied, twice in my lifetime it has fallen on Feb 7th, and once on Feb 5th(!)

This is because Easter is the is the first Sunday after the full Moon that occurs on or after the spring equinox, which is March 21. So you have roughly 28 days (moon cycle) plus six days (one week minus a day) of variation in the calendar for Easter.

And of course Mardi Gras is the day before Ash Wednesday, which is always 46 days before Easter.

This is because Easter is the is the first Sunday after the full Moon that occurs on or after the spring equinox, which is March 21. So you have roughly 28 days (moon cycle) plus six days (one week minus a day) of variation in the calendar for Easter.

And of course Mardi Gras is the day before Ash Wednesday, which is always 46 days before Easter.

Hole up, you mean to tell me that the date of Mardi Gras is tied to the date of Easter ?? Ya dont say ….. :shrug:

How many king cakes has everyone plowed through in the last few weeks? I think the kids and I have had 3 (maybe 4...can't remember for sure) at home.

How many king cakes has everyone plowed through in the last few weeks? I think the kids and I have had 3 (maybe 4...can't remember for sure) at home.
A guy I work with is from Carencro. Over 2 weekends he brought back 2 strawberry cream cheese filled from Meche's. I could hurt myself with just a bucket of the filling.

We have been through several Dough Nguyeners cakes this year. It's my vote for best new comer. My favorite is still HiDo marzipan filled and topped with almond slivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom