[Merged] Saints Land Several on Hall of Fame Ballot (2 Viewers)

Lorenzo Neal, Wesley Walls, Kreutz - I think they have a decent shot
Evans, Kuhn - MAYBE sometime in the future
Ricky Williams - I doubt they let him in for his off-field issues
Eric Allen - will prob get in...but not for any of this work with the Saints lol

I don't think any of these guys have a shot any time soon...if at all:
Unger
Horn
Delhomme
Glover
Kasay

At first glance, only Evans seems a serious candidate. The HOF is not supposed to be the Hall of Very Good Players.
Kreutz will also get in. He stunk it up in NOLA, so we’ve got a bad taste in our mouth. But he was widely considered the best Center in the league for a long stretch in the 2000s.

At first glance, only Evans seems a serious candidate. The HOF is not supposed to be the Hall of Very Good Players.
That’s my issue with it now, it feels as if the bar has been lowered low enough to where borderline players are now inducted

Joe Horn had some ok years, but I wouldn't say they were HOF stats. Horn probably would have had HOF career if he had a QB that complimented him. Pretty sure Brooks was giving him his best years if memory serves. Brooks should be on the list before some of these, but that's just my opinion and I wouldn't say Brooks is HOF worthy either.
had Hoe Horn stayed in NO, he probably would have been a lock.

Ricky won’t get in, but it won’t have anything to do with that. The HOF criteria excludes off-field behavior.

His overall numbers are very good, but they don’t put him in elite company.
So why isn't Darren Sharper in the HOF? When is Career is clearly a HOF career.

had Hoe Horn stayed in NO, he probably would have been a lock.
He was already 34 (I think) and played 1 year with the Falcons and his career was over. Not even sure if he played a full year with them. Can't remember if he got injured, but I know he didn't play a full year.

it was the FAILCLOWNS. and his QBs were Harrington, Redman and Leftwich.. lol

Joe Horn had some ok years, but I wouldn't say they were HOF stats. Horn probably would have had HOF career if he had a QB that complimented him. Pretty sure Brooks was giving him his best years if memory serves. Brooks should be on the list before some of these, but that's just my opinion and I wouldn't say Brooks is HOF worthy either.

Shocked Gif - IceGif

1695221808411.png

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and they were discussing “what makes Calvin Johnson a first ballot hall of famer over Brandon Marshall?” My question is, what makes Brandon Marshall a better receiver than Marques Colston?

There isn’t a single stat that Marshall outshines Colston in other than avg receptions where Marshall averaged 4 more receptions a year than Colston.

Last edited:
Ricky won’t get in, but it won’t have anything to do with that. The HOF criteria excludes off-field behavior.

They say that but I don't believe that for one second

Off Field behavior won't remove someone who is already in

But I have zero doubt that if a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer gets caught up in a Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein style situation, wife beating or kiddie pron scandal that player is 100% not getting in the Hall of Fame regardless of what the criteria "excludes"

They say that but I don't believe that for one second

Off Field behavior won't remove someone who is already in

But I have zero doubt that if a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer gets caught up in a Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein style situation, wife beating or kiddie pron scandal that player is 100% not getting in the Hall of Fame regardless of what the criteria "excludes"
Obviously major crimes could keep someone out. But they’re not going to block Ricky because he smoked weed and is a weird dude. He just didn’t have a HOF career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom