Metrodome roof collapses (1 Viewer)

Saint Brees

The Seeker
Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS -- The snowstorm that pushed the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game back one day has caused a partial collapse of the Metrodome's inflated roof.

Metrodome official Bill Lester said Sunday morning that the stadium is unlikely to be ready in time for kickoff Monday night.

Lester is the executive director of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission that operates the stadium. He said the dome suffered damage to two of its triangle-shaped Teflon panels and that his crew is still assessing the situation.

The stadium opened in 1982. The Twin Cities area received 15 or more inches of snow Saturday.

The delay has given Vikings quarterback Brett Favre more time to heal his sprained shoulder and see if he can extend his NFL-record streak of 297 consecutive games started.
Yup! The Vikings are virtually headed to L.A. if they don't replace that pill of garbage.:smilielol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...word-yet-on-mondays-game?module=breaking_news

This has happened like 3 or 4 times before, it would be awesome if they moved it outside to the college stadium..it'll be like -20 tomorrow

Did it collapse from snow load or implode from the vacuum-- because the Vikings suck mightily?

Did it collapse from snow load or implode because the Vikings suck?

Brett Favre paid someone off so he could have more time to heal his shoulder...

but seriously they should just play the game at Gopher stadium.

This has happened like 3 or 4 times before, it would be awesome if they moved it outside to the college stadium..it'll be like -20 tomorrow

They might have to play at Minny U anyway tomorrow. Only -20 with the wind chill :)

I'm not trying to be a [mod edit] but Minnesota needs some new engineers. There was the bridge collapse, and the roof keeps on collapsing on the Metrodome. Thank god no one got injured in the latest collapse.

As long as they don't move it to New Jersey and give the Giants 9 home games. What am I saying, they would never do something as stupid as that...

Hate seeing news like this, brings back too many bad memories...

Otherwise, there are three things I take from this:
1) *** is up with an inflatable roof?? Get a REAL dome Minny!
2) -10 in an outside stadium... is exactly why there should be more domes in the world (real ones that is /shake head at Minny)
3) Id be livid if I were a Giants fan - they just got royally jacked with on playoff chances with the Eagles... and all the media can talk about is Lord Farve can play... disgusting

I'm not trying to be a dick but Minnesota needs some new engineers. There was the bridge collapse, and the rook keeps on collapsing on the Metrodome. Thank god no one got injured in the latest collapse.

Chances are the engineers who designed theses structures are not from Minnesota. Let's all also keep in mind the Superdome roof a few years back.

is there some sort of precedent for playing a game in an emergancy situation like this in another city or diff location?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom