Saints Mike D. opinion: "Next Saints qb is not on roster yet." (1 Viewer)

Didn't really say a whole lot. Just appears Mike is not high on Winston. Not sure why he think Bridgewater may be a better bridge than Winston/Hill.
Perhaps because Teddy does not kill you with turnovers as the other 2 options do?

You have to imagine Rams gonna draft a QB, Miami, Jax, Washington might also (They drafted RG3 and cousins in same draft) so they love having a stable of QBs. Texans and Dallas might, also. If we talking about drafting a QB, if he says we gonna get one at 28th, he dreaming.

The Rams won’t have a 1st round pick until the 2047 draft.

I hate to break it to everyone.... but we’re spoiled by having a HOF QB for so long. MOST teams try to find a QB they can build around and hope the QB can do certain thing well enough to win.

just reading this and many other threads, the fans want a QB that doesn’t dink and dunk, pushes the ball down the field, processes quickly, can run, doesn’t turn the ball over, a leader and get the Saints to the Super Bowl. 😳

Every team wants that! That is EXTREMELY hard to find and the fact is, most teams have to settle for a QB who does some or hopefully, most of that then build a system and personnel around the QB’s strengths.

Most fans want to discard a QB who has most of that to draft a QB who will take 3 years to develop in HOPES that he becomes what we already have and DREAM that he will turn into the next HOF QB.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to everyone.... but we’re spoiled by having a HOF QB for so long. MOST teams try to find a QB they can build around and hope the QB can do certain thing well enough to win.

just reading this and many other threads, the fans want a QB that doesn’t dink and dunk, pushes the ball down the field, can run, doesn’t turn the ball over a leader and getthe Saints to the Super Bowl. 😳

Every team wants that! That is EXTREMELY hard to find and the fact is, most teams have to settle for a QB who does some or maybe most of that then build a system and personnel around the QB’s strengths.

Most fans want to discard a QB who has most of that to draft a QB who will take 3 years to develop in HOPES that he becomes what we already have and DREAM that he will turn into the next HOF QB.

The fact is...he may already be here. Go look at Jameis first 5 years and Brees in SD. Both let go, and other QBs brought in.

I think it's less about QB and what Sean can make him into.

Sean turned Romo into an undrafted nothing into who he became. Romo ows everything to Sean, so does Brees.

just reading this and many other threads, the fans want a QB that doesn’t dink and dunk, pushes the ball down the field, can run, doesn’t turn the ball over a leader and getthe Saints to the Super Bowl. 😳

Every team wants that! That is EXTREMELY hard to find and the fact is, most teams have to settle for a QB who does some or maybe most of that then build a system and personnel around the QB’s strengths.

Well said. On the bright side, Mahomes just lost a SB to the oldest QB ever to play in one. Maybe KC is ready to deal him? I'll bet CSP can polish up his flaws and really turn him into something.

Disagree on that, you get one on a steal after fleecing Rams, then you get to draft one on a rookie contract, and let him sit and be ready in case Goff do Goff sh*t.
Agreed, they know what they are getting in Goff. Heck, we all know what any team gets with Goff. He's there as a steal and they can draft a QB. Goff will Goff it up, he isn't intelligent enough to even read a defense. Without his coach in his ear constantly he's a deer in the headlights. McVay was thinking, " my God dude, when are you gonna start reading a defense on your own?". That's what I want to believe anyway, lol.

It's easy to take what you have for granted.... until its gone.

In 2018, Drew had one of the best statistical seasons a QB ever had. But Father Time is undefeated. It'll even eventually get the new darling of this forum Tom Brady. Drew couldn't stay healthy the last few years, it's fact, but it happens to every QB, and only the great ones last till they're 40 to find that out. Skills diminish. If Drew had been 100% healthy the last 2 years, would things have been different? I guess we'll never know.

But memories are short and this persistent fantasy that Drew was a liability and any QB with a heartbeat is an improvement? I just smh.... He's easily one of the Top 10 QBs in league history. He made our line look better than they were with quick decision making, made our receivers better with maybe the best accuracy in the history of the league. So next year whenever Taysom or Jameis or the next flavor of the day is overthrowing a wide open receiver or throwing INTs into double coverage, only then will it set in for some that we had something special that some took for granted.

I really don't Winston is the long term answer. I would rather spend our cap money to resign our good young players and roll with Taysom short term. Sign a capable experienced backup who can run the same type of Taysom offense. Trade this years 1 and next years 1 to move up in this years draft to get our next franchise QB if they believe there is one who is the answer.

I trust Sean Payton's judgment with this issue. O think our guy is on the roster imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom