Saints Mike D. opinion: "Next Saints qb is not on roster yet." (2 Viewers)

I've been comparing Jones to Brady here since October.

Well before they ever won the championship.

Only now guys like Kiper are drawing the same comparison.

Then he must be a 6th rounder? ;)

Who cares?🤪

Just so long as he's here, he'll be the new face of the franchise.🙃👌

🥰
Seriously though, I would not be upset if the Saints took him at 28 (highly unlikely) or traded up a little to get him if Payton felt he was the future. However, to compare him to Brady is unfair to him and just a major projection off of what, 16 games played? If most teams did see that comparison though, he will not get out of the top 8.

So did Tom Brady and Joe Montana.

Tom Brady barely played in college. Went on to play for the best coach in history. Montana went on to play for the coach who changed how teams play offense in the NFL.

If He could not start over Tua and Tua does not look all that great, why would you draft Mac Jones?

Tom Brady barely played in college. Went on to play for the best coach in history. Montana went on to play for the coach who changed how teams play offense in the NFL.

If He could not start over Tua and Tua does not look all that great, why would you draft Mac Jones?
There are QBs who started over Brady.

Brian Griese and Drew Henson ring a bell?

Why would you draft Tom Brady?

Dwayne Haskins started over Joe Burrow. Why would you draft Burrow?

There are QBs who started over Brady.

Brian Griese and Drew Henson ring a bell?

Why would you draft Tom Brady?

Dwayne Haskins started over Joe Burrow. Why would you draft Burrow?

DJ’s latest. Thought of you, my man lol.

DJ’s latest. Thought of you, my man lol.

If the Saints pass on Mac Jones (which I fully expect that they will purely out of spite for yours truly) I will descend into the deepest depression from which I fear there will be no recovery from.

It's like what happened that time to ELLIAS J. WILLIAMS when the saints drafted a wideout higher than round 5.

The next QB may be, but the next franchise QB may not be. I can agree with this kind of thought. Whether we go with Winston, Hill, or a draft pick/Vet, if they stink it up, we’ll be looking to replace them. Man, we knew these days were coming.
Knew it was coming and dreaded it. The worst part is some of the fan base will fall in love with some of the "meh" guys who cameo at the spot while some of them will see everyone as inadequate because they are "not as good as Brees" (impossible standard).... either way I am at least heartened that with our current staff and FO, we will not be looking at a Billy Joe (v1 or v2), Shuler, Wuerffel type QB stable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom