Saints Mike D. opinion: "Next Saints qb is not on roster yet." (2 Viewers)

Remind me again how he did in the playoffs?

mom not denying he’s A good talent but like all rookies, mistake prone and inconsistent.

I’ll stand behind drafting a rookie would waste the roster until you show me a history of rookie QB coming in and taking teams to and winning in the playoffs.
All I know is that the Bucs held Brees and Mahomes to a 34 and 54 qb rating respectively in the playoffs.

I doubt being a rookie would've had much of a difference.

In this instance one implies the other.

Mutually inclusive.

Herbert was rookie of the year and had the best season ever for a rookie qb. It follows that if Jones is a better pure passer that he would likely be more successful as well.
Mac Jones is not in the same league as Herbert. Herbert has elite arm talent, elite athleticism, and the ability to make big plays with legs and arm when the pocket breaks down.

At best , Jones is going to be Chunky Chad Pennington. At worst, he will be Heath Shuler with a dad bod.🌶

i have great respect for Mike D. when it comes to knowledge of college and pro personnel he has sometimes proven to be knowledgeable. the Saints seem to think that Mike is wrong.. and so do I. but he like all of us here are entitled to our own opinions his is not worth aby ,ore than yours,

Remind me again how he did in the playoffs?

mom not denying he’s A good talent but like all rookies, mistake prone and inconsistent.

I’ll stand behind drafting a rookie would waste the roster until you show me a history of rookie QB coming in and taking teams to and winning in the playoffs.
Even if that were true in an absolute sense, I’d still rather waste the roster for one year while a rookie gets his sea legs under him then have the roster fall apart after one year when Jameis outplays his short term contract (but not enough to win the Super Bowl) and we have to fork over 38mill+/yr for four years to him.

Even if that were true in an absolute sense, I’d still rather waste the roster for one year while a rookie gets his sea legs under him then have the roster fall apart after one year when Jameis outplays his short term contract (but not enough to win the Super Bowl) and we have to fork over 38mill+/yr for four years to him.

if he earns a $38 million contract, I’d be happy to pay it or franchise him. Playing well is not my concern.

Mac Jones is not in the same league as Herbert. Herbert has elite arm talent, elite athleticism, and the ability to make big plays with legs and arm when the pocket breaks down.

At best , Jones is going to be Chunky Chad Pennington. At worst, he will be Heath Shuler with a dad bod.🌶
Good thing all those big plays with his legs and elite arm talent helped Brees all these years.

Regular draft genius you are, sir.

Fun fact:

In 2009 Drew Brees had a total of 33 yards rushing with a longest rush of 10 yards.

The longest rush of Brees' career is 22 yards.

It's also hilarious that I posted just yesterday how Perceiving just doesn't add up to reality with prospect evaluations with bias at play.

PFF listed how the longest pass of Trevor Lawrence's career is 58 yards while Jones' longest is 57 but the casual fan would likely tell you that Jones is a noodle-arm compared to Lawrence and the rest of these guys.

It's also hilarious that I posted just yesterday how Perceiving just doesn't add up to reality with prospect evaluations with bias at play.

PFF listed how the longest pass of Trevor Lawrence's career is 58 yards while Jones' longest is 57 but the casual fan would likely tell you that Jones is a noodle-arm compared to Lawrence and the rest of these guys.
Throwing lollipops to wide open 5 stars is different than rifling a deep out to the wide side without crow-hopping against NFL CBs. 🌶🌶

Throwing lollipops to wide open 5 stars is different than rifling a deep out to the wide side without crow-hopping against NFL CBs. 🌶🌶

Tell that to Tom Terrific throwing to 35" arms, 6'5 Mike Evans, AB, Chris Godwin and Rob Gronkowski.

Brady had better weapons than Jones ever did. Lol.

Please tell me you are not trying to compare Jones to Brady already.
I've been comparing Jones to Brady here since October.

Well before they ever won the championship.

Only now guys like Kiper are drawing the same comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom