Mike Smith blunder to elect to punt (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
You're in your house. You never lose.

And you're punting on 4th down and giving the ball back to the best QB in the NFL?

Fa realz playa?

I don't know, it's not a slam dunk to go for it. They had 3 TO's with the 2min warning included. They go 3n out and they are right back at it.

It was a good call. I argued with my dad before the third down play that if they don't make it, if it's me I punt.

I'm glad it didn't work out for him :9:

had to punt, deep in their own territory on 4 and 6th.

Is it harder to stop a Saints offence that was going to play it safe or make 6 yard on a crappy 4th down defence ?

I thought that it was a turrbl call. It was obvious that the Saints offense had suddenly found a rhythm. You HAD to go for it there. You give your team a shot to win it by putting the ball in Matty Ice's hands.

Had that been Sean Payton, I would have been screaming for him to go for it, if Atlanta was suddenly running/passing or just plain moving the ball all over our defense.

That was the weight of being the NFC front runners on the Falcons' shoulders. When you're supposed to win, you feel the pressure to not make a gutsy call that could look terrible if it doesn't work. The Week 3 Falcons go for it. They went for those 4th down plays and it payed off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom