Mike Thomas..... (1 Viewer)

Thing I notice is he gets yards after catch. I love Cooks. But the guy goes down if someone lays a finger on him.

Enough of the screens to Cooks. Jet sweeps, sure. But screens that often require at least one broken tackle? Those need to start going to Thomas.

This current trio is reminding me a LOT of another trio..

Cooks (Henderson).. Thomas (Colston).. Snead (Copper)..
Damn near frightening in the similarities, except you didn't have to teach Cooks how to catch.. LoL.. but seriously, this is like the 2.0 version of the original trio.. but that's just my opinion.. I know one thing, I'm dig'n this Thomas kid, he's got them nice big soft hands.. definetly a home-run hit as far as Loomis is concerned, and an excellent compliment to Cooks & Snead.. Nice to see the Saints with "young" WR's for many years to come, and not digging in the f/a pool.

NW.

We are seeing what Brandon Cooks can do as a deep threat with quality guys at the other receiver spots. This is a young and only going to improve receiving corps, including the TE's.

If only coleman could catch... we would have two huge wide receivers like the panthers

We are seeing what Brandon Cooks can do as a deep threat with quality guys at the other receiver spots. This is a young and only going to improve receiving corps, including the TE's.

That's what has been missing since cooks arrived. He had a few good games here and there but was never open because teams didn't respect our other receivers. Now they have to and we're are seeing what cooks can really do.

I don't think Thomas will get as many long TD receptions as Cooks, but maybe more catches and 1st down conversions.

If I had to choose between Cooks and Thomas, I would go nuts.

Remember the 2009 Saints? When 1 WR had a mediocre game, someone else would have a good game. Same at RB and defense. Willie had a meh game today, but Cooksie and Thomas killed it.

Perfect ^

And who really cares. We have potentially 2 Top 10 NFL WRs. I tend to think that Thomas will be a Top 5 WR in year 2 or 3. But if it's Cooks, glad to be wrong. What a problem to have.

Colston made more difficult, physical catches in a game (many games, actually) than Thomas has made in his short career. Don't misunderstand me, Thomas was a fantastic pick and is already a very good player, but Colston was in a different league in terms of physicality and toughness. The Saints will never ask Thomas to do what Colston did-very few modern WRs play the middle of the field like he did-let alone dominate while doing it.

I've enjoyed watching Michael Thomas ever since training camp. I believe one TD will be his average for the rest of the season. I was so confident in him, I started him in my fantasy league and was rewarded for it.

Tommy Lee is actually a really fun player for me. During training camp I had my paper roster, and every time number 87 caught the ball I said, Joe Horn, then wait he's not on the team anymore who is 87. I'd look it up and it said Tommy Lee Lewis. I'd say nice play but he won't make the team. A few minutes would go by and 87 would make another great play. I'd have to look it up again and "oh yeah" it's Tommy Lee Lewis. Nice for him but he won't make the team. It took about 2 days then I didn't have to look up who 87 was anymore. I am happy that I was wrong and he's continued to impress me more and more. I hope he has a long career with the Saints.

This is not disrespect to Colson but Thomas is Colson without the drops

Shame on you, seriously, are you a Saints fan...Colston is the best WR to ever play for us until someone else supplants him...this is the type of Saints fan BS I cant stand....unbelievable....dude took more big hits/punishment than any WR that ever played for the Saints, never complained, just played....c'mon man, WTF is wrong with so-called fans like you...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom