(Mod edit) Thoughts on a draft trade? (1 Viewer)

Please don't trade next years 1st . We might be picking #28 this year, but, next year we might be in the 12th-18th range if things don't go our way. I'm hoping for some restraint.... yeah good luck I know.

This is pretty much my criteria. While I'd love to make all the picks we have, because we need young, cheap players right now, I know we will probably make at least one trade up. I'm fine if it's a smaller trade to get from 28 for a guy that's falling into the late teens/upper 20's (if by some chance Jaycee Horn or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah hit 20+, for example, I'd want them to be burning the phones up), but please limit the ammo to do so to this year. Hopefully we have a surprisingly good year, but hang on to our first few picks next year in case things go astray.

This is pretty much my criteria. While I'd love to make all the picks we have, because we need young, cheap players right now, I know we will probably make at least one trade up. I'm fine if it's a smaller trade to get from 28 for a guy that's falling into the late teens/upper 20's (if by some chance Jaycee Horn or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah hit 20+, for example, I'd want them to be burning the phones up), but please limit the ammo to do so to this year. Hopefully we have a surprisingly good year, but hang on to our first few picks next year in case things go astray.
Jayce is the one defensive player i would be happy for NO to trade for. I only saw one game of his which was against Auburn. He was everywhere and ball hawking.

I think he will be immediately good

Next year might be the best window for a couple years gor N.O to get to the Superbowl. They might as well draft best players available that will help the Saints win this year.

I don't know that I agree with this part. We haven't had the draft, yet, so this may change. But, I think the defense is back to giving up 30 points again unless they can get a good #2 CB and the run D holds up. And on offense, we are back to having only 2 weapons, MT and Kamara. And, both QBs hold the ball longer than Drew so it's reasonable to expect the Oline to take a step down. I don't think this is a 12 win team even if we had Drew from a couple of years ago unless we really nail the draft.

I’m all for trading down. Jax might want to move back into first round. I’ll take there #33 and #104 for our #28. Or I’ll take someone’s mid 2nd and next years first #28.

I’m all for trading down. Jax might want to move back into first round. I’ll take there #33 and #104 for our #28. Or I’ll take someone’s mid 2nd and next years first #28.

How many rookies do you expect to make the team? If the Saints do trade down to get more picks, I don't see all of them making the team. The reason that the Saints normally trade up is because they've had good success with UDFAs, and they don't expect a lot of rookies to make the team. This year, I expect they will have more rookies making the team than usual, but not a lot more.

What if one of the QBs, say Lance or Fields falls to the 12-13 range. Do you see the Saints making the big move up to get one if they really like the player? I would guess it would take something like our 1st and 3rd this year and our 1st and maybe another pick (4th or 5th) next year.

You stay put and draft Mond at 28 instead is what you do if you really must have a QB.

I'm less optimistic about Jones being there now after the situation in Houston but Mond is a late first round value.

What if one of the QBs, say Lance or Fields falls to the 12-13 range. Do you see the Saints making the big move up to get one if they really like the player? I would guess it would take something like our 1st and 3rd this year and our 1st and maybe another pick (4th or 5th) next year.
No. No trade up for a QB. LB or CB yes

i'm hoping we do not try and trade up and give away draft picks. if we stay at 28 , a lot of people suggest caleb farley. a big risk, considering the back injury.( same injury tony romo had).our defense needs so much help that it will be almost impossible to hit a home run with a defensive player at 28. so, with that said , i'm picking either terrace marshall or rashod bateman.

Elijah Moore is the only WR other than Marshall worth drafting at 28.

Moore would actually be a steal there.

You stay put and draft Mond at 28 instead is what you do if you really must have a QB.

I'm less optimistic about Jones being there now after the situation in Houston but Mond is a late first round value.
I might fight SP, Loomis, Ireland and the entire scouting department if we draft Mond😆. I get you are high on him, but he literally sucked in game action. Idc what he did at the senior bowl.

I might fight SP, Loomis, Ireland and the entire scouting department if we draft Mond😆. I get you are high on him, but he literally sucked in game action. Idc what he did at the senior bowl.
He completed 64% of his passes last year and ran for 500 yards in 2019.

What games are y'all watching?

Tre Lance can't even throw some of the tight window passes right now that Mond can.

Like always it’ll be a numbers game. If they have a top 8 grade on a player and he falls to the mid-late teens expect the saints to trade up. This is a really deep draft so I actually don’t think we’ll trade up in the first, but most likely will trade up in the second round, or try and grab an additional second rounder. For example I could see us doing either of these:

1. Trading away both of our late thirds to land a late late 2nd rounder or possibly the first pick of the third round.

picks 98 and 105 for a pick in the 63-65 range.

or

2. trading our late second, and both our late thirds to move up into one of the top 5 second round picks.

Picks 60, 98, and 105 for a pick in the 33-37 range.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom