(Mod edit) Thoughts on a draft trade? (1 Viewer)

I was not saying trading two 7th rounders for a pick, but to use those 7th rounders with a 4th rounder to move into the 3rd round for a player. The Saints having 4 picks in the first three rounds is a good position to be in for any NFL Team so I could see the Saints getting good value in terms of adding depth and talent to this team.
Using both 7ths with our 4th may move us up 2-3 spots in the 4th at best. It will not get us to the 3rd. 7ths are just not worth much.

I say we do whatever it takes to land Burrow in the draft. We missed him last year, maybe we hit this year?

Also, just how does this draft thing work?

While we would hope that our staff could do that, it may be asking an awful lot to get 4 starters our of our first 4 picks. Also, trading 2 7ths will not move them up much (maybe a late 6th), and certainly not far enough to grab a capable starter unless we were really lucky (ala Colston).
I agree with this assessment which is why I have always LOVED Sean & Mickey's aggression at trading up. If you feel like there is a STUD available by trading up go get him and not try to hit on an additional ST's player. Too many on here look for quantity. Give me the stud

Now having said that, I think the volume of depth needs may argue THIS YEAR for not trading up, but I won't be upset if they do,

This is a funny year though. How many kids sat out for covid?

Might be a good year, if our college scouting is that good, to keep our picks and knock off some steals at 98, 105 and 133. Just sayin' that if we trust Ireland and his scouts that much, then this might be the best and only year to take advantage of the kids slipping through the cracks.

Same could also be said for trading up.... I get it, I'd just rather have more cracks at the can since we're pretty light at CB, LB, DL, WR, TE and an OT project

This is a funny year though. How many kids sat out for covid?

Might be a good year, if our college scouting is that good, to keep our picks and knock off some steals at 98, 105 and 133. Just sayin' that if we trust Ireland and his scouts that much, then this might be the best and only year to take advantage of the kids slipping through the cracks.

Same could also be said for trading up.... I get it, I'd just rather have more cracks at the can since we're pretty light at CB, LB, DL, WR, TE and an OT project
Yes and some of those prospects will drop bc of sitting out.

How many rookies do you expect to make the team? If the Saints do trade down to get more picks, I don't see all of them making the team. The reason that the Saints normally trade up is because they've had good success with UDFAs, and they don't expect a lot of rookies to make the team. This year, I expect they will have more rookies making the team than usual, but not a lot more.
I’m looking to package those 1’s next year or now have 2 starters. Or this year those extra picks are going to be high quality backups as we are short 2nd string and special teams since we had to make hard cuts. Normal years I would agree with you. This year and next is not the same as the past 5 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom