Moon Knight Discussion (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

The finale did lessen my issue with the show but it's easily the worst Marvel D+ show to me and I love ancient Egyptian mythology, it's why I love Stargate.
The end kind of sucked, he switches to Jake and they don't show what happens so in other words, they were losing and then bam, everythings fine and we didn't get to see it. It comes across as lazy writing.
I'd like a second season but they need to give us way more Moon Knight. Imagine a Batman show where Batman is in it for 5-8 minutes for the ENTIRE SEASON. That's horrible.
I kind of liked the “skips” over the action parts. A lot of the D+ series have gotten criticized for going “generic marvel big fight scene” to end the series and I kind of enjoyed that they kind of fast forward past what would be the “big finale”.

I kind of liked the “skips” over the action parts. A lot of the D+ series have gotten criticized for going “generic marvel big fight scene” to end the series and I kind of enjoyed that they kind of fast forward past what would be the “big finale”.
GoT was the first I really remember seeing it - when Tyrion got knocked out before his first big battle; that was genius
Moon Knight did similar when Jake took over- great device, saves money
But staying in the shot, panning up then down, then everyone’s dead just did not work bc that’s the first time they’re using that device(same with Layla and Mark’s avatar switching - why introduce a new way to visualize something at the finale?

GoT was the first I really remember seeing it - when Tyrion got knocked out before his first big battle; that was genius
Moon Knight did similar when Jake took over- great device, saves money
But staying in the shot, panning up then down, then everyone’s dead just did not work bc that’s the first time they’re using that device(same with Layla and Mark’s avatar switching - why introduce a new way to visualize something at the finale?
It wasn't that, they showed a situation where it was almost impossible for him to come out on top and then bam, he's literally sparing Arthur his life. It's a cop out, he faced an impossible situation and it was over without any explanation.

The way they did it is what I'm against. He was literally about to lose and then bam, it's over. It felt cheap to me. In fact, in the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1, they made fun of how they seemingly get out of tough situations out of no where. It's a cheap story device or whatever the name is called and combined with him barely being in the show has me holding back how good I think the show is. It would be number 1 if not for that problem but because of it it's their worst show for me.

It wasn't that, they showed a situation where it was almost impossible for him to come out on top and then bam, he's literally sparing Arthur his life. It's a cop out, he faced an impossible situation and it was over without any explanation.
Indeed.
What I really wanted instead of just a short end credit scene finally revealing Jake was a series of flashbacks to the points where Jake had taken over so we get to see what he did, and possibly show him consciously return control to Marc when he feels the situation is in hand. That would have been far more satisfying.
And agree with the general consensus: good show with interesting characterization, but not enough Moon Knight. I think it could have used two more episodes, honestly.

Indeed.
What I really wanted instead of just a short end credit scene finally revealing Jake was a series of flashbacks to the points where Jake had taken over so we get to see what he did, and possibly show him consciously return control to Marc when he feels the situation is in hand. That would have been far more satisfying.
I would have this show as my favorite if that happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom