More than we need to win this next game, we REALLY need Detroit to step up. (1 Viewer)

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
With the Cats on a bye, and us playing a division game with the Bucs, we REALLY need the Lions to try and outgun the Birds. :D

Not to state the obvious, but I just realized how big we need them to be this week!

Haze, I think we all know this, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :hihi:
This past weekend, Dallas & the Giants did what we needed them to do,(I guess), but the weekend before, I was PO'ed at Pittsburgh. They're the reason that the Falcons are on this little "tear" right now, and I have a feeling the Lions are going to be down by 30 at halftime - (it pains me to say this).

We just need to win our games.

This is the week that the Dirty Turds come crashing back down to earth. Sure, the Lions suck... BUT, they've had 2 weeks to prepare for the "new" Michael Vick and the Falcons, the have good speed on defense, and they have play-makers on offense and the mad-scientist Martz calling the plays.

Falcons get beat down by Lions 35 - 10

Then watch as the Turd fans turn on Vick again, and jump ship like the cockroaches they are. :0

Last edited:
This is the week that the Dirty Turds come crashing back down to earth. Sure, the Lions suck... BUT, they've had 2 weeks to prepare for the "new" Michael Vick and the Falcons, the have good speed on defense, and they have play-makers on offense and the mad-scientist Martz calling the plays.

Falcons get Donkey-Punched by Lions 35 - 10

Then watch as the Turd fans turn on Vick again, and jump ship like the cockroaches they are. :0

Hmmmm, let's see:

Detroit
Lost to the Seahawks - 9-6
Lost to the Bears - 34-7
Lost to GB - 31-24
Lost to the Rams - 41-34
Lost to the Vikings - 26-17
Beat the Bills - 20-17
Lost to the Jets - 31-24

They give up a ton of points, but have scored decently in a few games. It is a crazy NFL where anything can happen, but dude, while it would be great if they beat the birds, the Lions are 1-6, and fighting for that #1 overall draft pick.

Falcons get Donkey-Punched by Lions 35 - 10

I wish I could agree with you but the one thing that you forget is that the Falcons can run the football with the best of them. Detroit gave up 221 yards rushing to the Jets. I don't see the Jets holding the Falcons under 200 yards rushing and I don't see them staying anywhere close to the birds this weekend. If they still had Rogers clogging up the middle then maybe they have an outside chance at stealing this game. I hope I am wrong but I put my money on Atlanta -5.5

I wish I could agree with you but the one thing that you forget is that the Falcons can run the football with the best of them. Detroit gave up 221 yards rushing to the Jets. I don't see the Jets holding the Falcons under 200 yards rushing and I don't see them staying anywhere close to the birds this weekend. If they still had Rogers clogging up the middle then maybe they have an outside chance at stealing this game. I hope I am wrong but I put my money on Atlanta -5.5

That's why I said outgun them. I don't see them stopping Atl's run game. Here's to Kitna throwing over 400 yds. :D

I think its probably more important that we just win. We can't count on other teams to get us in the playoffs...we win, we're in.

This is the worst thread ever. This is like saying that the Cardinal would have a chance to beat the Bears on a Monday night game.

"And Thats Why They Play The Game"

Last edited:
This is the worst thread ever. This is like saying that the Cardinal would have a chance to beat the Bears on a Monday night game.

"And Thats Why They Play The Game"

It's not exactly serious...

And I really, seriously doubt that that old man could muster up enough strength to beat the Bears on ANY given day...

:eek:

We need to worry about winning. The title of this thread is totally off base IMO. Us winning is much more important than the falcons losing.

I wasn't serious, people.

Haze, some of us know you were just fooling around......:9:
And to be honest, I see no difference in this than the "know who to pull for" threads that come up every week. Sheesh.

division game, we REALLY need this win but i do agree about detroit stepping up. ATL should run away with it but hey stranger things have happened. GO DETROIT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom