Most surprising moves so far (3 Viewers)

The TQS uproar is getting repetitive. lol

Roby is the only surprise cut for me. I really can't wrap my head around that. Maybe coaches seen some regression that we fans don't know about. IDK
That cut makes no sense to me at all. Unless he asked to be released or something... again, IDK.

If Smith is not back on the roster tomorrow, I'll be dumbfounded. He's exactly what we needed. His signing made a lot of us sigh with relief. Surely he'll
be back.

The kicker/punter thing is kind of surprising, but not really. Lutz hasn't been Lutz for a couple years and the rookie looked decent. Thinking we wouldn't have
re-signed Lutz next season so it does make a certain kind of sense. Neither punter looked very good. I'm thinking we may shop around that position.

Jalon Smith did tweet this today, so something tells me he’s on his way back

Carr is going to have a field day. Four quality tight ends, Olave and MT. I see dink and dunk all the way to the Super Bowl. You can’t man up physically with that receiver line up. Every game, the smallest secondary guy is going to have the worst game of his career.

I wasn't surprised at Niko Lalos being cut. Even though he led the team in preseason sacks. all of those were either coverage sacks, or cleanup sacks where another player applied the initial pressure but didn't bring the QB down, and Lalos cleaned up.

That does not exactly inspire extreme confidence in his pass rushing abilities.

With so many players flooding the market on the same day, I suspect that sneaking players onto the PS will be easier than ever...

1st, trading Lutz, and cutting Roby and Jaylon Smith. I never would have expected this.

Next 2 has got to be Merriweather and Throckmorton. This is baffling to me. Darrell Williams is proven, but Merriweather outplayed him, and gives you ST value.

Throckmorton is a very good backup, and the most experienced on the team.
When I saw how solidly Grupe was kicking the ball, Lutz was no surprise.

Merriweather was just a bit of a surprise, but the rest were :wow:

Not playing a game this weekend was an uncharacteristically smart move by the League. Gonna be a lot of jostling this week. Hope we find some O. line help. Definitely going to interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom