Most surprising moves so far (1 Viewer)

Presuming Smith is returning (although exposing him brings back memories of Latavious Murray)

And hoping the rookie kicker will be okay (memories of Hopper/Hocker)

It has to be Roby. Taking an absolute strength at a critical oft injured position and saying, "LOL, nah, let's gamble" is absolutely nuts.

Mistakes can/will be made, even by the finest of front offices, every year.
I think we the fans generally overrate our guys, almost all of these tough cuts that rile everyone up will slide right thru to the PS.

For me it has to be keeping 2 punters on the initial 53 after rumors had Gillikin being shopped. Neither Gillikin or Hedley have shined so far. The Saints surely won't carry both of them into the regular season. It's possible that a trade for Gillikin is still in the works but terms haven't been reached.

All this while cutting players like Roby, Smith, Summers, Abram, Merriweather, Orji, Johnson, Davis, and Krull. It would seem that one of these players would have more value than a 2nd punter.

Smith IF he is not resigned in 24 hours. 2nd most surprising was Roby who by all accounts was solid. With Roby my first thought was they are enhancing CAP space to sign a veteran. We shall see on both soon...

Iā€™ll be shocked if Jalon Smith itā€™s not brought back after IR designations. I had him penciled as a lock.

Roby is just head scratching, and that seems more likely to be permanent based on his tweet.

Who is the starting nickel???

Waitā€¦we kept both punters? Who in their right mind would trade for Gilikin?? Just drop the guy and move on.

Roby getting cut, Kirk Merritt making the team, and a punter making it for now. I thought it was more likely we ended the day with zero punters. What in the world did Merritt do to make it? Maybe we just want to get him to IR.

Last edited:
If Jaylon Smith stood as a real cut, that would be shocking, but I see it as Loomis gaming the system. Still, I would find being that pawn disrespectful.

Lalos needs more time in the development league. Every year we see players with the physical tools to be starters in the NFL but lack the knowledge, or experience, or instinct, to do the right thing at the right time. Some of them get it figured out. Most don't.

I'm still not sure our punter is in the building. Until then. at least we have an interesting character holding down the spot.

1st, trading Lutz, and cutting Roby and Jaylon Smith. I never would have expected this.

Next 2 has got to be Merriweather and Throckmorton. This is baffling to me. Darrell Williams is proven, but Merriweather outplayed him, and gives you ST value.

Throckmorton is a very good backup, and the most experienced on the team.
cutting Roby and Jaylon Smith were most surprising to me.

Why tf is smith here??! He hasnā€™t played in a month and when he does he does nothing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom