Most Wins Since 2000 (1 Viewer)

But finding that elusive franchise QB can take years upon years. The Saints had to wait 39 years before Drew Brees happened upon the Saints. You and I are the same age. I can't wait until the age of 91 for another Drew Brees to show up.
HOF QBs are the luck of the draw.
In my opinion, the Saints have had three franchise QBs.
Hebert. He lead the Saints to the playoffs and is the only Saints QB with a winning record other than Brees and Carr. And you can’t count Carr because he’s only had one season.
Brooks. He did lead the Saints to their first playoff win. Had it not been for the 05 season, he’d have a winning record also.
Brees. No explanation needed.

But finding that elusive franchise QB can take years upon years. The Saints had to wait 39 years before Drew Brees happened upon the Saints. You and I are the same age. I can't wait until the age of 91 for another Drew Brees to show up.

I get that, but there is nothing you can do to force it. What you can do is not be terrible until you find one and have a team ready for that franchise QB to take over. And, because it can take 39 years to find one, there is no point in sucking for all 39 of those years until you do find one.

It's funny that in the Top 5 of the NFC, you have 1 Super Bowl win per each top 4 team, and then the fifth team hasn't even been to a Super Bowl in nearly 30 years.

Thanks Sean Payton and Drew Brees. That’s probably a once in lifetime run and I’m glad I got to see every single year of it.

But as wonderful as it was those 7-9 years still haunt me a bit
yeah there was a stretch where 4 out of 5 seasons were 7-9, and I thought Drew was going to hang it up out of frustration lol

I get that, but there is nothing you can do to force it. What you can do is not be terrible until you find one and have a team ready for that franchise QB to take over. And, because it can take 39 years to find one, there is no point in sucking for all 39 of those years until you do find one.
And I'm 100% with you on this. Like that of a kid during Christmas season, it's the waiting that sucks.

With Bobby Hebert and Aaron Brooks, there was hope. There was that feeling of elation and that "I think they may do it" that permeated throughout the fanbase. Hell, the Jeff Blake stint was fun!

Dennis Allen and Derek Carr just don't bring that fire or excitement to anything and I think that is the main catalyst for everything. Especially in a city/region that is advertised as a "reason to party" city. Couple that with the fanbase in a Payton/Brees five year hangover and the bar to which every current and soon to be regime will be judged, it's going to be different than in years past.

I'm forever grateful for the 2009 season, but now that we can reflect on our prosperity from our "golden years" I'm disappointed we only took down one Lomabardi. The 2011 team was the best we fielded and would have walked to another title.....and the other two mishaps. Goodell cut our legs in Brees' prime, so that's a factor. I'm just bummed with a HOF QB and innovator like Payton we just got one. Good times.

Now we got DA and the franchise is back to where we were prior to Payton/Brees. Truly depressing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom