My head is going to explode (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I have the worst sinus infection that I've ever had. It started last Wednesday evening, knocked me out with high fever until Friday evening. Had started to feel better since then, but now I'm so congested with everything trying to drain. The pressure on the left side of my face is terrible. It's literally making my upper teeth sore. The color of the stuff coming out of my nose is not nice. If this keeps up, I'm heading to the doctor for a shot tomorrow. Usually I can shake a sinus infection in a couple of days, but this stuff is beastly.

Antibiotics. Go see an ENT take musenex D with the antibiotics and a steroid shot.

Antibiotics. Go see an ENT take musenex D with the antibiotics and a steroid shot.

Antibiotics are terrible for you. If you can treat it with something else, then you should. Antibiotics should be a last resort and even then taken with I forget which supplement to couteract the bad stuff it does to you.

I've had it since the first of Nov. I would bend over to pick up my daughter and the pressure was horrible. I would get dizzy while coughing. The headaches have stopped but my ears are still clogged. I've had a z pack during Thanksgiving week followed by a steriod injection. I saw a friend yesterday who's an ENT and she said I have a recovering infection in my left ear and fluid on my right ear. She didn't call me in anything since she thinks it's getting better. But if it goes into next week, guess I'll get something. I still have an unproductive cough and muffled hearing. It sucks!!! I couldn't taste a thing on Thanksgiving.

Antibiotics are terrible for you. If you can treat it with something else, then you should. Antibiotics should be a last resort and even then taken with I forget which supplement to couteract the bad stuff it does to you.
He has an infection not allergies. That's why he should go to an ENT to make sure it is an infection not a cold or the flu, if so the proper course is antibiotics.

If he gets 4 or 5 infections a year he should consider sinus surgery. I had it 2 years ago, while it didn't fix my allergies and I still live on sinus medication, I haven't had a sinus infection since the surgery.
With that said, it is not a pleasant surgery. Try pinching your nose and breathing through your mouth for 1 hour much less 3 days.

Do you have a paint pen in your head.....?

I think I have the worst sinus infection that I've ever had. It started last Wednesday evening, knocked me out with high fever until Friday evening. Had started to feel better since then, but now I'm so congested with everything trying to drain. The pressure on the left side of my face is terrible. It's literally making my upper teeth sore. The color of the stuff coming out of my nose is not nice. If this keeps up, I'm heading to the doctor for a shot tomorrow. Usually I can shake a sinus infection in a couple of days, but this stuff is beastly.

had it mid November.

I waited about 10 days before I couldnt take it anymore. I ended up with Levaquin and 5 day Medpro pak (prednisilone sp?) steroid. Took another 8 days to completely go away.

This one was by far the worst I have had in about 5 years. And now I am noticing a shift from spring to fall. I used to get them in March/April but in last two years, no longer spring but right around Nov when the cold fronts come down. Prolly bringing all that northern pollen/allergens with it that I am not used to.

I've been batting the same thing for the past week. As I sit here now, day 6, I'm still congested and my right ear is killing me. Burnt my 13 month olds bottles, noonies, spoons today like a jack wad. I'm sure inhaling that didn't make anything better. I'm actually sure thats why my ear is killing me.

Ugh, the fever returned for a period of time this afternoon and evening, but has since subsided. My nose is like a busted water faucet that is connected to a giant bucket of goo. In the morning, I will be at the doctor's to get a shot. A week is all I can take. At least the nose cleared just long enough for me to be able to taste my supper tonight. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom