N/S: Arthur Blank does not want your cash! Atlanta Falcons game will go cashless is 2019! (1 Viewer)

XLR8

Very Banned
Reaction score
I’m assuming this could be a trend?

ATLANTA — Mercedes-Benz Stadium is moving away from cash transactions for all events, including Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United games.
The move to full cashless purchases begins with the MLS Atlanta United game against Cincinnati on Friday.
All ticket purchases, concessions and merchandise must be purchased with credit cards or mobile payment. As an option, fans can use cash to purchase debit cards at new ATM machines and use the debit cards for purchases.

I just think it is priceless that the first team to go "cashless" is also "trophyless".....that's just poetic justice. Everything should be $2.83 per item during the playoffs for every home game....that way it won't cost Blank any money on "lost" sales because they won't have any home playoff games.

I wonder if Chick-Fil-A will have to abide by this considering, well, you know...

It's an interesting move.

I mean, sure, it's more efficient, but it is also a way to make people spend more. Much easier to budget with cash. When you run out, you're done. With a card, it's harder to track.

that being said, Atlanta has really cheap concessions.

Some are gonna be all "LOL FALCONS" about it.........but it's really no more inconvenient than the Superdome suddenly deciding in 2018 that you can't print out a secondary-market paper ticket from the Internet anymore, and that you have to allow them to scan that ticket from your phone.

Not sure about some of you........but I still know plenty of people (some pretty well off, financially) who still choose to use their older-but-still-very-much-functional cell phones which don't have those capabilities.

I rarely have cash. Been that way for awhile. Only time I try to get cash is when I have food with friends.

Same........and it's not always a good thing. Somehow it's just so much easier to swipe a debit card for that $38 purchase than it is to hand over those two 20 dollar bills.....which can cause gradual over-spending as time goes by.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom