N/S: Arthur Blank does not want your cash! Atlanta Falcons game will go cashless is 2019! (3 Viewers)

Faster experience. The better. Waiting in line is the worst when you got someone fiddling for change. Swipe and go. Please.

I always thought cash was the faster option, especially now that we have to use the chips on the cards.

I always thought cash was the faster option, especially now that we have to use the chips on the cards.

Always prefer cash. Keeps me honest from over spending. Basically I take what I can afford to spend, instead of being tempted into buying more than I intended too. Also , not really keen on letting my credit card companies know what I buy all the time. Less likely to be tracked. Also it allows for more unscrupulous vendors and occasional patron to scam cards and IDs at big events like a stadium

It's an interesting move.

I mean, sure, it's more efficient, but it is also a way to make people spend more. Much easier to budget with cash. When you run out, you're done. With a card, it's harder to track.

that being said, Atlanta has really cheap concessions.
In my experience, it's not faster or more efficient. But it is a way to track exactly who's going to games, and it takes the "complicated math" look out of the hands of people who shouldn't be handling money (but still want a $15 minimum wage)

In my experience, it's not faster or more efficient. But it is a way to track exactly who's going to games, and it takes the "complicated math" look out of the hands of people who shouldn't be handling money (but still want a $15 minimum wage)

I suspect that when you're talking about a facility that hosts 70,000 people, it is substantially more efficient. How many points of sale are there in that dome? Hundreds? If each has to accommodate cash, that means that each has to: have some allotment of cash to open with, have a place to keep and secure the cash during the event, and have a process to close the point of sale and deliver the cash back to the central accounting operation.

There's no way around doing any of those things if you're going to accept cash. Going cashless eliminates each of those requirements. It's incontrovertibly more efficient.

I suspect that when you're talking about a facility that hosts 70,000 people, it is substantially more efficient. How many points of sale are there in that dome? Hundreds? If each has to accommodate cash, that means that each has to: have some allotment of cash to open with, have a place to keep and secure the cash during the event, and have a process to close the point of sale and deliver the cash back to the central accounting operation.

There's no way around doing any of those things if you're going to accept cash. Going cashless eliminates each of those requirements. It's incontrovertibly more efficient.

And when computers go down? Crash? Electrical issues happen? Internet goes out? Hacking ? Sure it is rare but it is an issue in this day of age.

We can make concessions more convenient but how about making officiating technological better?

Nope can’t do it!

:theclown::theclown2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom