N/S Browns $plash out for Brissett (1 Viewer)

In the right system he can be a very good QB. If we still had Sean I’d take him over Winston every day of the week. Without Sean….I’m not sure about either of them
This right here has been my biggest concern about losing CSP. Dennis Allen's got a hold of the defense, and Carmichael can run/scheme the offense. But I don't think there was a better head coach in the league than Sean Payton for developing a QB.

This right here has been my biggest concern about losing CSP. Dennis Allen's got a hold of the defense, and Carmichael can run/scheme the offense. But I don't think there was a better head coach in the league than Sean Payton for developing a QB.
What QB has Payton developed? Grayson? Griffin? Daniels? He made a smart move signing Brees with a nudge from Parcels but Payton has not developed a QB not even one that studied behind Brees and went on to Garner success on another team.

Payton is a HOF Coach that can win but I would not call him a QB developer as much as he is a master at game planning and scheming an offense to the talent available.

What QB has Payton developed? Grayson? Griffin? Daniels? He made a smart move signing Brees with a nudge from Parcels but Payton has not developed a QB not even one that studied behind Brees and went on to Garner success on another team.

Payton is a HOF Coach that can win but I would not call him a QB developer as much as he is a master at game planning and scheming an offense to the talent available.
What about the development of Brees himself? He was a QB that began playing some B+/A- football in 2004 once he saw that his possible replacement was brought in. He was not the slam dunk first ballot HOFer and Super Bowl MVP we came to know. Acquiring Brees was big news around this time 16 years ago, but drafting Reggie Bush over a month later was supposed to be our game-changing acquisition of the 2006 offseason.

What about the development of Brees himself? He was a QB that began playing some B+/A- football in 2004 once he saw that his possible replacement was brought in. He was not the slam dunk first ballot HOFer and Super Bowl MVP we came to know. Acquiring Brees was big news around this time 16 years ago, but drafting Reggie Bush over a month later was supposed to be our game-changing acquisition of the 2006 offseason.
Slightly revisionist history, there. Mike Detillier was literally giddy about Brees before he came here. He said 'you never, ever see a QB this good hit free agency'.

Separately Payton and Brees were both excellent. Together... well, you know what they achieved on offense together. I think the desire to give credit to one over the other is misplaced.

I would argue that Brees was coming into his prime when we acquired him. Sean was a 1st time head coach who wasn't already "set in his ways". Both Sean and Drew crafted the offense together...not Drew being molded to fit into Sean's offense. Now I do think Sean is a great coach, but I also agree he gets way too much credit being known as a developer of QB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom