N/S Curious QB Question (draft related) (1 Viewer)

This is NOT going to be a problem for the Vikes because I have it on good authority (from the nephew of the cousin of the janitor of the Lake Minnetonka Boat Party Company) that Zygi is going to sign Vince Young to a long term contract. No more drama at QB in Minny! Problem solved!

:hihi:

I know of a team that happens to play in the NFC North that coincidentally I am a fan of, that needs to draft a Quarterback, and I was wondering what to look for when watching college games this weekend so I can tell if a particular quarterback is a system quarterback like (for example) a Colt Brennan or legit pro prospect (for example) like a Phillip Rivers (turned out to be)?

Luck the QBat Stanford, multi talent and ina pro system under Jim Harbaugh. Jake Locker at Washington.Mallett with Arkansas. Easily top three in country and sure bets.

Luck, Locker and Mallett. Luck and Locker are probably more NFL ready, but Mallett has a very strong arm and seems to me to be coachable enough to make it in the pros.

Personally I never trust a QB from FSU or Ohio State as an NFL prospect. But that may change without Bowden.

I am going to have to agree regarding OSU and FSU QBs in the NFL.
Then again, What about Qbs from the Arkansas Razorbacks??

Ponder has the best chance I've seen for a FSU QB to stick in the NFL since, well anyone.
I thought Danny Kanell had a chance @ one time but he never stuck with a team and Chris Weinke was almost 30 by the time he made it to the league. Charlie Ward was never drafted and Opted to play in the NBA. McPherson had the talent, but blew it...Thad Busby, Chris Rix... were Terrible!
Out of all of them, Brad Johnson has had the most NFL success to date.

Look at the brightside you will be drafting very early so you should have lots of choices..

Mallet and Luck are probably the two most pro-ready QBs. Both have flourished in a pro style offense. Both have completed at or about 70% of their passes. Luck brings you more running ability; Mallett's stats this season are more impressive to me because of the competition they came against.

Cam Newton is the slot machine pick, if you miss you waste a pick, but if you hit it could be huge. He's a better pro prospect than Tebow was, IMO, and probably has the most upside of all the QBs likely to enter the draft.

I really don't like Locker. He's never completed over 60% for a season and despite his speed, he doesn't really break off long runs. He may look the part at times, but he's inconsistent and will lay a stink bomb against quality teams.

Watch for mechanics, poise, arm strength, accuracy, and decision making. Then look at size and system they play in. Then draw straws.

Would you think of Cam Newton, Kellen Moore, Andy Dalton, or Ricky Stanzi as being legit pro prospects or "system" QB's?

I know the LSU fans probably don't have a lot of love for Newton, but I think I kinda like him as a player and think he could be a legit pro.

Perhaps as a late round "homer" pick, what about Adam Weber (from Minnesota)? ;-)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom