N/S... What 2 teams make the biggest surprise??? (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What two teams (one in the NFC - one in the AFC) besides the Saints do you think will be the biggest surprises in 2012. Remember: surprise mean not expected (don't say Patriots and Giants).

For me:

AFC:
Tennessee Titans - I think their offense is extremely potent and Munchack has had a full year to emplement depth and power into this offense. Let's start with Jake Locker. He is a stud prospect whom I believe will make peoples' jaws drop this year. Remember what he did to us last year. He is going to be very special. Chris johnson is healthy and ready to make up for lost time. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't at least get 1,400 yards this season, and they are very deep behind him with power and speed. Their WRs are exciting - Kendall Wright is going to be special and he and Locker have already built a relationship. If you add Nate Washington and Kenny Britt to that mix - they are lethal. I love their O-line - Stewart and Roos are the best tackle tandem in the league and are extremely underrated. On defense, they have the best young group of LBers in the league. I'm not in love with their secondary, but their D-line is very solid. I predict an 11 - 5 record for them this year. At worst, I think they win 9 games.

NFC:
I know they're being talked about some but the Bears are primed to win a lot of games this year if that defense and Cutler can stay healthy. I love Forte and Bush. They can really make that running game come to life. Forte is special. Cutler is one of the better QBs in the game, IMO, and with this group of WRs, this offense can be lethal. The O-Line still has question marks, but they are talented. Defensively, that group of DEs is freakin' awesome. Any team in the league would and should be jealous. They have good LBers that could be great if Urlacher stays healthy. They have solid secondary play (I don't love their safties). I think they could easily win 10 games... If they can upset Green Bay and Detroit once each, they could have 12 wins.

Well, you took my AFC pick, and did it better than I coule have. I think the Titans end up with a wild card spot.

NFC...hmm. I don't think either make the playoffs, but I think the Seahawks and Vikings will be a bit better than advertised. Thinking 8-10 wins for Sesttle, 5-7 for Minny.

AFC -(tie) Kansas City - they come back to the playoff hunt now that their entire team isn't injured anymore

Buffalo - Fred Jackson is very underrated - great RB tandem, good passing game, and an improved defense - and 4 wins against the Jets and Miami could propel them.

NFC - Seattle - their defense is legit. Their run game is legit. If Russell Wilson is half as good as people believe, this team could challenge San Fran for the division and make some noise.

P.S. - I would also put Chicago, but I wouldn't consider them a big "surprise" team - though I definitely see them making the playoffs.

Afc - The Bengals win their divison and play the Texans in the AFC Championship game.

NFC - The Panthers make the playoffs.

AFC - KC -- They'll dominate on defense

NFC - Agreed with Seattle.. IMO they win the division and SF has to fight for a playoff spot

NFC - I was thinkin Seattle as soon as i saw the thread. But aside from them, The Rams may make some kind of spalsh

AFC - Titans - i'd like to see the Locker / Wright show

AFC -(tie) Kansas City - they come back to the playoff hunt now that their entire team isn't injured anymore

Buffalo - Fred Jackson is very underrated - great RB tandem, good passing game, and an improved defense - and 4 wins against the Jets and Miami could propel them.

NFC - Seattle - their defense is legit. Their run game is legit. If Russell Wilson is half as good as people believe, this team could challenge San Fran for the division and make some noise.

P.S. - I would also put Chicago, but I wouldn't consider them a big "surprise" team - though I definitely see them making the playoffs.

My thunder has been stolen. :cry:

The only teams that would truly surprise me by going over .500 are:

Cleveland
Miami
Arizona
St. Louis
Jacksonville
Indy

If any other team makes it to the post season, I really won't be surprised.

I think the entire AFC West is going to be a surprise. I think everyone is ready to anoint the Broncos as division winners because of Manning, but that's absolutely no guarantee.

In that division, you have two teams with good quarterbacks, a few playmakers here and there, and almost no continuity. The Broncos and Chargers could probably hang with the best of them one Sunday, and then have a complete meltdown the next.

On the flip side, you have Oakland and Kansas City, both of which are really good teams... that have terrible quarterbacks. Both have very solid defenses, good to excellent running games, a few playmakers on offense, but who the hell knows what's gonna happen at quarterback.

All in all, I'd give the advantage to Denver. I think the Chiefs could pull it out and I'm tired of waiting to see San Diego finally put it all together, but I think Manning plus a healthy Bronco defensive front, should have enough to propel them.

My sleeper pick is definitely the Bills. I think this year they have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. Fred Jackson is horribly underrated and that defense should be brutal up front. More importantly though, is a not too demanding schedule. They won't win their division, but I think they'll win enough to squeeze out a playoff spot out of the Titans, Steelers, Bengals, etc.

I think St. Louis can shock people and win 9 games.

Cleveland will shock the world and win 6 games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom