N/S... What 2 teams make the biggest surprise??? (1 Viewer)

In what will amount to their Superbowl, the falcons manage to score a field goal when we play them in late November, thereby increasing their scoring average in the playoffs by 50% during the last two years.

Fortunately, the Saints will not surprise anyone by dropping almost 50 points on Mike Smith's train wreck of a team.

Bills and Seattle

The Bills take the AFC East from the Patriots............

Seattle makes a wildcard spot this year and beats out Carolina for the last spot in the NFC.....

NFC: Carolina
AFC: San Diego

I think Cleveland will surprise some folks this year. I think they'll be in the running for a WC spot towards the end of the year... Probably not make it, but be in the run for it.

NFC i think as others have mentioned Seattle will take the west and SF will take a step back.

Ya, a bit of a reach on Cleveland, but if it happened that would be a huge surprise. heh.

I think the entire AFC West is going to be a surprise. I think everyone is ready to anoint the Broncos as division winners because of Manning, but that's absolutely no guarantee.

In that division, you have two teams with good quarterbacks, a few playmakers here and there, and almost no continuity. The Broncos and Chargers could probably hang with the best of them one Sunday, and then have a complete meltdown the next.

On the flip side, you have Oakland and Kansas City, both of which are really good teams... that have terrible quarterbacks. Both have very solid defenses, good to excellent running games, a few playmakers on offense, but who the hell knows what's gonna happen at quarterback.

All in all, I'd give the advantage to Denver. I think the Chiefs could pull it out and I'm tired of waiting to see San Diego finally put it all together, but I think Manning plus a healthy Bronco defensive front, should have enough to propel them.

I totally agree. I almost picked the Raiders. If McFadden stays healthy, I think they win the West. I also think Heyward-Bey is going to have a breakout (around 100 catches) type of season. If McLain doesn't go to jail, that's a great defense too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom