N/S...WTH Rams??? (1 Viewer)

It's LA and the money is owner financed. I think the stadium is suppose to include a NFL media complex or something. I don't think this has anything to do with fans, the NFL just wants a piece of the 2nd biggest media market.

$163 million back then is like more than $1 billion today.
True, but that means we could have 5 more Superdomes for what they are spending in L.A. for just one stadium. :hihi:

Last edited:
And what are they going to do with that stadium when they realize there’s no fan support and the teams get moved? Hefty price for an abandoned building.
It won’t be empty on game days. The Los Angeles area is full of fans of most every team. It’ll just be full of the other teams fans.

More corporate welfare. Woof.

Against corporate welfare just as much as anyone, but this is a loan. It’s not welfare if you have to pay it back with interest. They had to seek league approval b/c teams are only allowed to carry so much debt.

It's actually very annoying when people try to push things on me that I don't ask for.

Largely because it often feels like there's some underlying motive behind it, whether it be that they're simply wanting to get rid of it.......or setting up to be able to ask for something in the future (hey I gave you that free stuff that time......therefore, you should come through on this request for me).

That's what "2 teams in Los Angeles" feels like. People always joke that nobody out there cared either way......but I do think there was legit interest from that city in bringing the Rams back. But then it somehow turned into "oh oh oh here, here, here, take the Chargers too" rather than "hey, we'd really like to have another one of these NFL teams as well, can you make that happen ??" And you can't help but question the underlying motive...

This...

It won’t be empty on game days. The Los Angeles area is full of fans of most every team. It’ll just be full of the other teams fans.

I think they want the best of both worlds. Rams of the "LA team" and the Chargers for all the out of towners. I mean who cares about the Chargers anyway?

Against corporate welfare just as much as anyone, but this is a loan. It’s not welfare if you have to pay it back with interest. They had to seek league approval b/c teams are only allowed to carry so much debt.
It is welfare in that they have been repeatedly bailed out by the league with access to astronomical loans few others would have.

Make no mistake: the Rams’ franchise/ownership will come away golden from this.

Do you think Buffalo might like access to that type of cash flow? The revenue over time pays for itself.

Pretty sure the $500 million is because of Covid and the stadium projected to lose a lot of events..

Everything about NFL LA is cursed.
One of the angles on L.A. is, well even if local fan support is low as population grows you should have a growing number of fans to populate and otherwise lots of opposing fans would travel to SoCal as a destination and buy tickets to the game.

But that is all still a question mark.

All that money for neither team to win a title lol I hope the conventions and concerts are good.

Do you think Buffalo might like access to that type of cash flow? The revenue over time pays for itself.

I actually think Buffalo probably would get access, if they could put forth a business plan and repayment schedule that the NFL brass and their accountants believed. That stadium is going to host a lot more than just football.

That fund theoretically comes out of the pockets of the other 31 owners, all rich business men. They're not loaning LA that money unless they think they'll get it back and then some.

Better them paying for it than the taxpayer anyway.

LA county has a big diverse population. The NFL will never stop trying to convert that massive county into an NFL town. Too many other sports rule that place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom