Neal Boortz NOLA "a city of parasites" (1 Viewer)

I listen to Boortz almost every day. I think he was quoted out of context. I have never heard him make the generaliztions you speak of. Usually, when he shows his disgust this way, it is usually directed towards a specific group of individuals.

His descriptions are sometimes harsh, but I don't find him to be a racist. In fact, a lot of times he is pretty accurate. He is the Minister of the Church of the painful Truth. I think he enjoys "stirring it up". He is an Equal Opportunity Offender....

He has his opinion. It is no more ridiculous then some that I hear from the other side.

Garbage is flying in all directions. It is election year.

Joe

Boortz is a joke, pretty much across the board. He is just plain wrong and uninformed on most counts.

Selective facts are his friends.

can someone please point out the racial remark to me... i must have missed it... however it is 230 in the morning and im tired........

Either he is a racist, or all of you people in New Orleans suck.

LSU estimated 10% would remain in the area, regardless of the reason. What about the people in Chalmette or Lakeview? Or was he only talking about particular parts of the city? Which is it? Are ALL of the people who stayed leeches and parasites? Are do only a select few suck?

He said "when the levee" broke. Obviously he is ignorant of the fact several levees broke or were topped, affecting much of the city. Oh yeah, never ming the houses in Mississippi that were washed away.

Again, you make the call: do only a few people in New Orleans suck, or does everybody?

To make amends

Since I posted the hate speech of this idiot, I thought I would make amends with something nice. Here is Sheryl Crow's new video about New Orleans.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/edTMzKB-_QU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/edTMzKB-_QU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sort of.

But you have to admit that it isn't liberals who score political points by attacking the people of the Gulf Coast for how they behaved, behave, or for living there. I mean it feeds into their basic philosophy - the government has no responsibility to help citizens (i.e. build levies correctly), and the subtle racism has been a mantra of conservative politics for over 40 years. And hey - conservatives almost always carry southeast Louisiana, and always carry the Gulf Coast. So you get what you want.

All you have to do is go to any left leaning blog site and check out their almost daily diatribe against red state inhabitants and you will see the same sort of hate from the other side. It happens both ways.

An idiot yes, but racist? Where was the comment that was racist? He is a classist at best, I think we throw racist around way to easy. He seemed to have ire with the welfare state more than anything according to the audio clip. Is he a jerk, sure.

All you have to do is go to any left leaning blog site and check out their almost daily diatribe against red state inhabitants and you will see the same sort of hate from the other side. It happens both ways.

All the more reason to elect new people.
All the more reason for more than 2 parties.
All the more reason to get rid of the primary system

To the topic of thread. Just another shock jock getting ratings. Although what he said is partially true the partial part is minute. But he does have an uninformed audience to play to so he does and stays on the radio.

I'm not trying to defend this %^#$ but nowhere in that did he mention race as an issue so please don't try to make this into that.

Thank you, I was afraid i would catch heat for that, but it isn't he's just a jerk at best. I hate the whole line of thinign that turns everything practically into Racism or a hate crime, it lessens the shock and reaction when the real deal shows up.

Calling that jerk a racist just plays into his hands.

Look Whodatman,
I am a conservative. I don't want to have a generational welfare class. But this diatribe is just obvious code word racism. (Wink. Wink.) And the lady caller is no worse. Those checks included social security checks. How are you going to evacuate when your bank account is empty? I sure thought about the expense of evacuation in making the decision to evacuate or not and I have plenty of money in the bank. Think of the people who live paycheck to paycheck. What Boortz is doing is demonizing ALL people of New Orleans as a rational for why the government did such a HORRIBLE job in helping US citizens in a time of great need. What he is trying to do is say "Hey, it is not inept government, it is stupid people. They DESERVED it." Don't fool yourself in thinking this is about welfare. This is about deserting New Orleans and deserting the Gulf South. Nothing more, nothing less. To people like Boortz, some Americans are MORE American than others, and in his world we don't rate the definition of "US citizen".

I didn't see racist. I saw an idiot. I saw someone who has never seen first hand the issues of extreme poverty and hopelessness that is so overpowering in certain areas. Thats a whole other issue, and I have seen it in every race in many different areas of the country.

As far as waiting for a check, if I had to evacuate and my paycheck was coming in the mail, I'd be waiting too. As would most of us.

I agree that the storm was responsible for a lot of the destruction, definitly along the Mississippi coast. However the massive flooding from the levee breaks does go back to the Federal level. If the levees were constructed and maintained correctly the town as a whole would not have flooded. So whose fault is that?

Since I posted the hate speech of this idiot, I thought I would make amends with something nice. Here is Sheryl Crow's new video about New Orleans.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/edTMzKB-_QU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/edTMzKB-_QU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If only that video were actually in New Orleans.

Thank you, I was afraid i would catch heat for that, but it isn't he's just a jerk at best. I hate the whole line of thinign that turns everything practically into Racism or a hate crime, it lessens the shock and reaction when the real deal shows up.

Calling that jerk a racist just plays into his hands.

yes it occurrs way to much.. so much now when i hear something being called racist my first thougth is " oh look another lie". or " oh look someone trying to make a dollar".
then when the real thing come around no one believes it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom