New Orleans Pelicans Draft Yves Missi (1 Viewer)

I hope Missi gets a lot of playing time in the D league. He needs reps and time to develop, I don't think sitting on the bench while getting 5 - 7 minutes per game will help him much. If we weren't hurting for bigs I'd want Missi in the D league all season but, I don't think it's possible as our roster sits now.

Mostly because there wasn't a lot of choice in this draft. I found a chart showing the production of each draft position in their 'prime' years (year 4-6 of their career) and when you consider where we were drafting and the fact that this was a very weak draft in terms of talent, it was always going to be a long shot to draft someone who could make any kind of difference.

d20f08_38e4d3f77729450a9ecdb8f2e13f20d3~mv2.png

This next chart threw out the years 4-6 model and just took each players 3 most productive seasons

d20f08_173894a41b1d44619fab7e7798e1e8df~mv2.png

So when you consider the quality (or lack thereof) in this past draft, there is a probably a 60% or greater chance that whoever fell to us would be completely unproductive in the NBA.
It’s true. Anyone looking for a long term asset after the top 5 picks is really wishing on a star. Even counting on something of value with a top 5 pick is a stretch. Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, Giannis, Draymond, Brunson, and the Joker are so few and far between that you should just be happy if the player is pulling consistent mins by their 2nd or 3rd year.

I hope Missi gets a lot of playing time in the D league. He needs reps and time to develop, I don't think sitting on the bench while getting 5 - 7 minutes per game will help him much. If we weren't hurting for bigs I'd want Missi in the D league all season but, I don't think it's possible as our roster sits now.
I want for that to happen, but we haven’t shown a history of sending developmental players to the G-League for long stretches. We just have them sit on the bench during games and chalk that up as game experience.

I want for that to happen, but we haven’t shown a history of sending developmental players to the G-League for long stretches. We just have them sit on the bench during games and chalk that up as game experience.
Sometimes experience in practice against actual NBA players helps as they can work with the coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom