New York Orchestra will play historic concert in North Korea (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
February 26th. A few years back, I never would have thought this would happen. But it seems that the barriers are being broken for a historic New York classical concert in Pyongyang, the capital.

Guys, I know that the nuclear issue was a recent event relatively but could The US do to North Korea what we did with the Red Chinese in the 70's and that open it up for trade and normal relations. No matter what you may think of the North Korean regime and its leader, it seems like things are going in the direction of opening relations. the Japanese may not like it of course because of their past with the abductions of its citizens.

but still this is a big time event, this like a major diplomatic coup for the White House, despite all of its failures in foreign policy in Iraq and to a lesser extent the Middle East peace process.

BTW it will be shown on PBS here in the USA, big time diplomacy here with a former sworn enemy like the North Korean regime.

It may have been Edwin Starr you are thinking of, Steve.

War, huhhh, what is it good for now?

Maybe so, huh, good God y'all...

And isn't Saintsreport's very own Shasta a proponent of the North Korean regime? I seem to remember seeing him using Kim Jong Il for an avatar. Oh those crazy rightwingers!

TPS

I would think that the DPRK would already have a better orchestra. Fear of prison camps really brings out the best of your performance abilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom