NFL gets rid of P.I. review rule (1 Viewer)

The headline needs a rewrite.

"NFL lowers middle finger aimed at Sean Payton, returns to the usual clenched fist."

Personally, I am not a big fan of coaches' challenges anyway. I think there should be a technical referee that sort of checks things. I believe Rugby has a really good system. If the last two minutes are important enough to make it a boot review than momentum shifts in-game are equally, if not in some cases, more important. This shouldn't by just change of possession but also any called or uncalled penalty The clear and obvious standard is a high enough standard that petty calls will not be considered. As you can tell, I find;t have a problem with the way it was called. if anything, I felt coaches ignored the standard and made silly challenges I knew wouldn't be overturned. If anything, it was probably the pettiness of the coaches that undid the rule than anything the front office did.

----

Yep. I believe the sky judge concept would help this.
Funny thing is, i heard an interview of one of the white hats a couple years ago, and he said they were considering 1 more official on the crew but the problem was they didn’t know where to put them.....well duh, the sky booth would be the obvious choice.

Last edited:
My Avatar is still correct...

I decided to wear my clown shirt today lol

This rule was dead in the water though. The officials held a grudge and it started at the top, I'd even venture to say that outside of Vinovich himself, Riveron was probably the most bitter about it. It's pretty spectacular when you think that instead of wanting to get the calls right and make replay irrelevant they just collectively acted like petulant children and thumbed their nose at it is pretty ridiculous.

One of the main reasons my NFL interest has declined greatly.

NFL = 1/2 way to WWE

@Merl I assume your "falconing" of my post means you do not think Goodell is a clown? Seems like an odd stance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom