NFL gets rid of P.I. review rule (1 Viewer)

This entire thing was sabotaged from the very beginning. It was not instituted the way it was written, and the refs took it upon their own hands to get it legislated out by making it look like a waste.

EDIT: Actually, no, not "the refs," but shady Al Riveron specifically.

It only fuels the theory that they want the officials (league) to have this tool to influence games and season outcomes.

It's Riveron. I've had my eye on that guy since the time he was on-field official. He has always been a shady character.

I swear, years from now, there will be an ESPN 30 for 30 on that guy. Something just isn't right with him.

I knew the very moment I heard he was going to be the head of officiating and in charge of all replays, that all of a sudden bizarre stuff was going to suddenly start occurring.

It was never meant to work, and the Saints and Payton made a big mistake by not using it as motivation to whip butt on every team they faced last year. They should have played with the idea they were going to beat everyone so bad the refs couldn't rig the game. Also, no electricity or AC in the refs locker room, and gas station sushi to eat :D

Yet we will still give this league our viewership and$$$ year in and year out

Oh I watch the games...but I don't pay for them in any way. Nor do I purchase anything that will profit the NFL.

I just don't understand the reluctance to get these things right? Like do they really think the game is better when people at home can see blatantly wrong calls in real time? Like the technology isn't just available to get this right, its been around long enough to be legally drink.

Just have a central video hub in NYC or LA, allow a small crew to buzz into games to work with head officials on the field to trigger replays. It doesn't have to take forever, and you can set limitations on it... but in the 21st century we should be able to have accurate calls on the field. It's absurd that the NFL isn't pushing hard to simply get things right.
Thats the point, if they wanted to get it right they easily could, they want to be able to control outcomes when they want to and then have plausible deniability.

Not unexpected. Goodell didn't want it to begin with, most likely instructed the chief official to not overturn 95% of the challenges. He poisoned the well so the Comp. Committee would vote it out.

All by design. Quiet the voices early on by pretending to come up with a solution, and then flub the solution on purpose because you didn't like it from the beginning.

It's Riveron. I've had my eye on that guy since the time he was on-field official. He has always been a shady character.

I swear, years from now, there will be an ESPN 30 for 30 on that guy. Something just isn't right with him.

I knew the very moment I heard he was going to be the head of officiating and in charge of all replays, that all of a sudden bizarre stuff was going to suddenly start occurring.
I agree about the sleaziness of Riveron, but the blatant non-enforcement of the rule by the NY office had to involve the top brass. It was the plan from the start by Goodell and all and not just a rogue Riveron situation. They didn't fool anyone (see the replies below the ProFootballTalk article) but they don't care and it doesn't matter. All of our anger and warranted complaining just falls on deaf ears and they'll still succeed as a business in spite of their ineptitude.

I agree about the sleaziness of Riveron, but the blatant non-enforcement of the rule by the NY office had to involve the top brass. It was the plan from the start by Goodell and all and not just a rogue Riveron situation. They didn't fool anyone (see the replies below the ProFootballTalk article) but they don't care and it doesn't matter. All of our anger and warranted complaining just falls on deaf ears and they'll still succeed as a business in spite of their ineptitude.
I agree Riveron got his marching orders from roger to sabotage the whole thing. And it is undeniable that roger doesn't care because he knows the fans are not going anywhere, and he will continue to make tens of millions for doing a crappy job. He has the best gig in the world.

They just need to make a "Common Sense" rule in case of a game altering blown call. Would that be so hard?

ignorance and stupidity of monolithic proportions. This one hangs also on 'the clown'.
RG's essence is all over this filthy puss-filled mire of his seemingly limitless inadequacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom