NFL network.Charles Grant Stabbed in Neck {mega-merged} (1 Viewer)

When the hell are these over-paid professional athletes going to learn that they shouldn't be hanging out at night clubs or strip clubs!?!?!?!?!?!

Everytime you hear about something bad going down with these guys, it's at a club, and usually late at night or early morning! I've lived in ATL for about 22 years, and I've never even heard of Blakley, Ga, 190 miles southwest! What the hell kind of night club is in Blakley freaking Georgia!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't even know what happened, but I'm disappointed in Charles for even being in that situation in the first place!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WmFBOVZ6BLM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WmFBOVZ6BLM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

When the hell are these over-paid professional athletes going to learn that they shouldn't be hanging out at night clubs or strip clubs!?!?!?!?!?!

Everytime you hear about something bad going down with these guys, it's at a club, and usually late at night or early morning! I've lived in ATL for about 22 years, and I've never even heard of Blakley, Ga, 190 miles southwest! What the hell kind of night club is in Blakley freaking Georgia!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't even know what happened, but I'm disappointed in Charles for even being in that situation in the first place!

Just because they are well known doesn't mean they should forfeit their right to go out and have a good time. If they like going to clubs, why shouldn't they? I understand that there are people that will eff with them just because of their notoriety. That's likely why they have friends with them that are armed. Playing your tail off through high school, college, and the pro game should not equal giving up the night scene.

Yeah, he should have been at a bingo parlor or doing bible study.

/sarcasm

From SouthernFan's blog & link:

New Orleans Saints defensive end and former UGA standout Charles Grant was stabbed in the neck with an unknown object.
"He took out a pistol and started shooting every kinda way. And I just hit the ground," said Dominique Sol. He was outside of Club 92 where witnesses say someone opened gunfire, one of the shots striking and killing his 23-year-old pregnant cousin Korynda Reed.
"We were like call the ambulance, call the ambulance. Nobody was doing none of that. So everybody around was crying trying to bring her back and stuff. Folks was crying and passing out," Sol said.
Early County Sheriff's investigators say several hundred people were in the street outside of Porky's Social Club where the fight started and Club 92, both along North Church Street

It just sounds like there is more to this than Grant & his cousin leaving a club to avaiod trouble. It sounds like a melee with Grant firing a bunch of rounds.(According to this version which is a complete rumor at this point, and hopefully totally false)

Link:http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7816136&nav=5kZQ

I agree. Damn Sean Taylor and his pompous self being out at night at 1:30AM. If only he had stayed home.

Damn all these guys for going out and having a good time. If they were at home or safe at campus none of this would have happened.

NBA foward Antoine Walker was duct tapes and held at gunpoint during a robbery at his home July 9, 2007 in Chicago's River North neighborhood.

NBA center Eddy Curry and his family were robbed at gunpoint in his suburban Chicago home. They two were bound with duct tape and robbed of cash and jewelry by masked gunmen.

NFL cornerback Dunta Robinson was robbed at gunpoint in his home at night when two men entered Robinson's Fort Bend County home shortly before 8 p.m., bound him with duct tape and then made off with several pieces of jewelry.

University of Miami football player and NFL prospect Bryan Pata, who was shot to death Tuesday at his apartment complex in Kendall, Fla. Pata, 22, was licensed in Florida to carry a concealed weapon.

Five Duquesne basketball players who were shot in September on the Pittsburgh campus. All survived.

Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jerome McDougle, who was shot in the abdomen and robbed of a $20,000 watch last year while he sat in his Mercedes in Miami. McDougle survived.

Baylor basketball player Patrick Dennehy, who was fatally shot by a teammate, Carlton Dotson, in 2003 in Waco, Texas.

Indians pitcher C.C. Sabathia and his cousin, who were robbed at gunpoint of $44,000 worth of jewelry and cash in 2002 at a Cleveland hotel.

Tim Carter, a New York Giants receiver, who was carjacked outside a New Jersey movie complex in 2002 and robbed of his BMW and $10,000 worth of jewelry and cash.

Telfair's cousin, Stephon Marbury, then a guard for the New Jersey Nets, who was robbed in 2000 of a $150,000 diamond necklace as he waited in his Bentley for a light to change in Manhattan.

<table><tbody><tr><td class="LALListItem" valign="top">
</td><td class="LALListItem" valign="top">On November 26, 2007, at 1:45 a.m., NFL safety Sean Taylor was shot in the upper leg by an armed intruder at his Palmetto Bay, Florida home, critically wounding him by severing his femoral artery. The next day, Taylor died in the hospital.</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td class="LALListItem" valign="top">
</td><td class="LALListItem" valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Damn those athletes and how they get in trouble at night clubs.

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/...+as+Victims+Robbery+Home+Invasion+Murder.aspx

From SothernFan's blog & link:

New Orleans Saints defensive end and former UGA standout Charles Grant was stabbed in the neck with an unknown object.
"He took out a pistol and started shooting every kinda way. And I just hit the ground," said Dominique Sol. He was outside of Club 92 where witnesses say someone opened gunfire, one of the shots striking and killing his 23-year-old pregnant cousin Korynda Reed.
"We were like call the ambulance, call the ambulance. Nobody was doing none of that. So everybody around was crying trying to bring her back and stuff. Folks was crying and passing out," Sol said.
Early County Sheriff's investigators say several hundred people were in the street outside of Porky's Social Club where the fight started and Club 92, both along North Church Street

It just sounds like there is more to this than Grant & his cousin leaving a club to avaiod trouble. It sounds like a melee with Grant firing a bunch of rounds.(According to this version which is a complete rumor at this point, and hopefully totally false)

Link:http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7816136&nav=5kZQ

They aren't saying Grant took the gun out and started firing, they are just saying "he," as in the shooter. It's just poor sentence/paragraph structure by the reporter. Police reports thus far tend to show otherwise though no one knows as you stated.

ZFound this posted on another board

Take it for what its worth

Charles Grant.....I know his personal assistant, Charles was on a date and her ex came to confront her, supposedly with intentions to kill her, which he succeded and Charles was a victim of a jelaous ex....he is fine and nothing more than a scar and lost friend...

Take it for what its worth

Charles Grant.....I know his personal assistant, Charles was on a date and her ex came to confront her, supposedly with intentions to kill her, which he succeded and Charles was a victim of a jelaous ex....he is fine and nothing more than a scar and lost friend...

Well unless Grant was out with the 5 month old pregnant woman, that post doesn't jive with current reports since only one woman was killed.

15 pages and only one mention of PacMan so far.

Sooner or later the truth will be revealed - PacMan was involved. He has been involved in every shooting since the Kennedy assassination.

Nothing good ever happens after midnight in da club....

Signed,

Common Sense

/hopes that the truth comes out and Charles will be okay/

The Saints FO is saying that the injury is "not serious"... and going off of the fact that Charles Grant has had ZERO trouble in the past, I think this was a wrong place/wrong time type of deal.

From the updated ESPN article:

Seems to me, regardless of if Grant actually did shoot himself, that it was after he had been stabbed and thus self defense.

Grant shot himself? This is big news! Spread the rumors!

j/k and no offense -- seriously, innocent until proven guilty -- the Internets have a way of starting waves of misinformation from slightest ambiguous words

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom