NFL opening day! Ravens vs Chiefs (3 Viewers)

Yeah, he's not a good QB. All teams have to do is make him play QB. Force him to throw outside the numbers.

Someone might as well trade for Henry. I don't know why these RBs sign with Baltimore thinking they will get the rock. Lamar is going to run it, they are just there to give him a break and take some short yardage carries here and there.
He’s Russell Westbrook in the nba circa 2017

He’ll put up stats and get to the playoffs but that’s where it stops.

*checks notes*
2001 - Lost to Greatest Show on Turf
2002 - Lost to Tampa Bay (One of the best modern defenses ever)
2003 - Lost to the Panthers (SMH@Donovan McNabb)
2004 - Lost in the Super Bowl
2013 - Lost playoffs in one of the greatest defenses in the playoffs in NFL history
2015 - Lost to the Patriots
2016 - Lost to the Steelers (scored TD to bring the game to 2. Converted 2 point conversion nullified by holding)
2017 - Defense allowed 18 points 2nd half coming (2017 Squad with 2023 Defense probably wins a Super Bowl)

Now something that's usually never mentioned is other than last year, Mahomes has ALWAYS had the better team than his predecessor, and Spags defense changed the entire trajectory.

But to get back to the original point, don't mistake it; anybody that actually watch the Chiefs play instead of highlights can see Andy Reid's handywork. I'm not saying Mahomes isn't good, but people get so caught up on "flash" that they don't realize that 90% of the time, he is just playing within a system that has the 1st read wide open in space dang near all the time.

And Mahomes doesn't even produce the best in the league when it comes to "sandlot football." The vast majority of his production comes from playing with the system and living off YAC. If you Google search EPA and Success Rate of QBs outside the pocket or on the run, it actually tracks the "sandlot" stats.

That said, he is still a good QB..lol
2001=excuse
2002= excuse
2003= excuse
2004 got there but still lost =excuse
2005-2012 didn't do squat so MANY excuses
2013=excuse
2014 nothing
2015 =excuse
2016= more excuses
2017 and still more excuses
2018 nothing but your savior is coming
2019 wait he's almost ready
2020 YEA but guess what? It's all Andy Reid's doing
I guess the next 3 SB appearances with winning 2 are all Reid's doing as well.
I like Reid, but no Mahomes, he does not sniff a SB

I know that our organization has been stupid at drafting recently, but can someone remind me why we didn't double dip at oline in the first few rounds of the draft? The Chiefs LT came after we picked Kool-Aid who is playing a position that we are extremely strong at.
And he gave up 3 pressures and a sack. What you gonna say if Fuaga or Penning does that ?

How good would the Ravens be if they had a different style QB?

This is not a another Lamar hit post but I’m curious how’d they’d look with a traditional QB that actually can make throws in the red zone.

Yeah, he's not a good QB. All teams have to do is make him play QB. Force him to throw outside the numbers.

Someone might as well trade for Henry. I don't know why these RBs sign with Baltimore thinking they will get the rock. Lamar is going to run it, they are just there to give him a break and take some short yardage carries here and there.
It’s stated in another thread that Mark Ingram helped convince Henry to sign with Baltimore. They are a very run oriented team. It’s a great destination for RBs. Can’t say that they will win with Lamar, but at least he gives you a chance to a certain point

And he gave up 3 pressures and a sack. What you gonna say if Fuaga or Penning does that ?
Yeah we could drafted another o lineman but that guy is not it. I did not like his scouting grades. He’s only serviceable because of the quick reads of his hat offense. Chase Young should destroy him.

You know, sometimes I think "Yeah, with just a little luck, the Saints could totally be in contention this year..." Then I watch games like this, and I'm reminded that teams like KC and Baltimore are just on another planet than we are.
Maybe KC , but the Ravens played like crap, they got luck on that desperation throw by Jackson and he missed 2 one WRs at the end , one WIDE open. Their OL looked awful. Our D is much better

Yeah we could drafted another o lineman but that guy is not it. I did not like his scouting grades. He’s only serviceable because of the quick reads of his hat offense. Chase Young should destroy him.
Yeah to draft 2 O linemen 1st and 2nd would have been not wise, you really don't want to start 2 rookie O linemen if you can help it. It's best to stagger them

Wear white shoes in KC. I really don’t like that team. Everyone loves Mahomes but I don’t at all. Glad we didn’t draft him.
Dude is the biggest reason they've won 2 Super Bowls in a row. With hindsight, we should have done everything possible to jump ahead of KC to get him. Wasn't gonna happen, but you tale that kind of clutch talent every time.

I would be shocked if Fuaga gave up 3 pressures and a sack considering where he was drafted (compared to Kingsley).

If Penning gave up 3 pressures and a sack I would wonder what he is doing not guarding the water cooler from the bench.

Given how weak we are at the position we really should have double dipped on the o-line in the draft. Its hard to argue against it.

Yeah to draft 2 O linemen 1st and 2nd would have been not wise, you really don't want to start 2 rookie O linemen if you can help it. It's best to stagger them
I mean Penning is basically a rookie still. When you’re desperate you just do what’s necessary.

It’s stated in another thread that Mark Ingram helped convince Henry to sign with Baltimore. They are a very run oriented team. It’s a great destination for RBs. Can’t say that they will win with Lamar, but at least he gives you a chance to a certain point
Tonights game was Lamars career summed up in a nutshell.

I stated in that thread that Baltimore can beat up on bad teams, but they come up.short against good ones.

It doesn't matter who the RB is in Baltimore. If the Ravens are going to reach the Pinnacle it is going to be up.to Lamar.

On that note Worthy is the real deal. Buffalo must be kicking themselves in the butt hard. What a bungled off season they had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom