No play = no travel? (1 Viewer)

CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
Can someone clarify this? And explain it?

I thought I heard Jim/Hokie say yesterday during the game that Joe Horn was not at the game, that Payton's rule was if you weren't playing, you don't get to travel.

Is that right? Any reason why? I would think you would still want him on the sidelines helping out and supporting his teammates. It's not like he's suspended or anything negative.

OP
CT Saints Fan

CT Saints Fan

Reaction score
but the sideline analysis did say that joe horn and jamal brown were not goin to travel with the team. and i didnt see him on the sideline........

Hmmm, then maybe you don't get to travel WITH THE TEAM? You have to arrange your own travel? I don't know.

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
but the sideline analysis did say that joe horn and jamal brown were not goin to travel with the team. and i didnt see him on the sideline........
I thought I did, maybe I was mistaken. It was after someone's touchdown, I thought he was congratulating them.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
According to callers to Bobby's show Horn was playing golf before the game somewhere in greater New Orleans

Ted

muddlin'
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bobby was saying last night that maybe it's because some players when they can't play but make the trip just use it like a vacation - going out partying. Payton wants it it to be a pure business trip. He didn't name any names and it was purely conjecture on Bobby's part, from what I got.

Also, he said he didn't have any trouble with Joe playing golf in the morning before the game. He said, "maybe he's got to get out there to try to get over the frustration of not being able to play. Better to be out there instead of sitting around the house yelling at the wife and kids".:hihi:

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
According to callers to Bobby's show Horn was playing golf before the game somewhere in greater New Orleans

CHATEAU COUNTRY CLUB....

And I thought I saw him too when Colston was woozie and helped off the field and saw ( who I thought was Horn ) pat him on the helmet. Actually I yelled at the TV "Dont slap his helmet " thinking it was a concussion.

OP
CT Saints Fan

CT Saints Fan

Reaction score
Bobby was saying last night that maybe it's because some players when they can't play but make the trip just use it like a vacation - going out partying. Payton wants it it to be a pure business trip. He didn't name any names and it was purely conjecture on Bobby's part, from what I got.
That's a reason that makes sense.

Also traveling with the team you miss out on 2 days of treatment at our facility.
But aren't all the trainers and doctors on the trip with the team?

saintfan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I amy be wrong, but I thought that a team can carry 53 playerws, but only 45 can dress for a game, and that the eight that do not dress cannot travel with the team. IF its a home game they can be on the sidelines (Simms was on the Bucs sideline, but it only affected travel).

As I said, I may be wrong, but I thought I read that once.

Gustopher

Reaction score
Payton leaves players who are injured at the facility with a trainer or two to get treatments while the team is away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
If MT says he is good and the Dr Approves..Let Him Play Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
james_k_p Video 2020 Highlight Shows Week 01 - Final Play, 4th down on 4, B&G Review Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Bruce Arians surprised Tom Brady didn’t play better, expects a bounce-back Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas believes he can play through ankle injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jdpower13 Michael Thomas high-ankle injury, believes he can play through Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 60
Do they not play crowd noise in the stadium? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Report: Mike Evans “likely” to play, may be on a pitch count Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2021 NFL Draft names Saints fans need to know that won’t play this fall: Defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0