NOT the same old Saints - far from ! (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm suprised about how much negativity is on this board today..

This is not the same ol' saints, far from

This team has a leader
This team has a heart
This team NEVER quits
This team is a T E A M

They may lose a game but they were in there right to the end....

Just a question

How come so many get so negative after we almost beat the reigning SB champions, in their own house, and with them playing with a major chip on their shoulder - Who would have thought that in august !

We were never out of the game

We have a QB and team leader who throws for almost 400 yards and NO interceptions....

We have 2 great RB's who scores 3 TD's between them...

We have a ROY WR, with almost 150 yards....

Yes we lost the game and yes there is still work to do, but don't call them the same ol' Saints, because they are not. They are something we have not have in a very,very long time if ever

A young, smart,up and comming team who works and study hard, shows class and character on and off field and WANTS to win so badly that they fight every second of the 60 game minutes.

I hope the fans are willing to fight for this team as much as the team fights for its fans and the city.

I only get to attend one game this season ( and it takes a 27 hour journey to get there) and win or loose, I'll be in my seat supporting this team until the second the gameclock hits 00:00. I probably will not be able to say a word the day after the game, but this team deserves every support possible.

GEAUX SAINTS

Ric Romero

Veteran
Reaction score
Since when aren't people allowed to complain? There really wouldn't be much for us to talk about here if people didn't have different opinons. Besides we lost to a 2-6 team. What they did last year is in the past.

zugzug

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think some fans have been spoiled with the early victories and have raised their expectations. I ask these same fans if you would be told, lets say around draft time, that the saints would be 6 - 3 at this time of the year would you be so negative or thrilled?

christina26

Rookie
Reaction score
Guys, we are 6-3 and that is pretty good, how can you complain?? Iam so thrilled with how this team has performed from a year ago. Be happy with what we have this year! I still think they will make the playoffs maybe not go far but just imagine how good we will be next year when they fix the problems on defense! So enjoy it!

Reaction score
If someone would have told me at seasons start that we'd be 6-3 after 9 games, with losses to the Steelers, Panthers and Ravens, I'd be dancing a jig right now. Guess what? I still am! This team has moxie, and does not give up. They play hard at all times, and Saints teams in the recent past cannot stake that claim. Plus, finally we have a bonafied top QB in Drew Brees, who keeps us in games...that's something we haven't said since #8 donned a Saints uni.

Geaux Saints!

LSUSaint1976

Reaction score
The thing that I like about this team the most is that we are in every game and if we are down we always have a chance to come back and win. The Saints are finally fun to watch after many years of boredom!

rbenet

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Totally agree. While disappointed with this loss, I came away feeling like this team can hang with ANY team in the league, and can go deep in the playoffs. No complaining here.

...and Colston had 168 yards....

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, some people just get really really depressed after a loss and thus their posts reflect it. I don't think its anything to worry about. We are in the thick of the playoff hunt and no one in the NFC has a better record than us but the Bears. We are doing awesome!

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
If someone would have told me at seasons start that we'd be 6-3 after 9 games, with losses to the Steelers, Panthers and Ravens, I'd be dancing a jig right now.

I predicted 6 - 3 before the season started (however, I had a win against the Ravens and a road loss to the Bucs). You might ask why or how I predicted the Saints as a 6 - 3 team. I heard but didn't believe the "talking heads" on ESPN or Fox or HBO, etc. who predicted 3-13, 4-12 or 7 - 9 records. Even though the record indicated 3 - 13, I never thought this was a 3 - 13 team last year. The Saints had a lot of adversity because of Katrina and that moreso than lack of actual talent was the cause for their dismal 3 - 13 record. I also factored in Home Field advantage and the difficulty in sweeping teams in the Division and I the impact Brees, McCallister and Bush would have on this team. My preseason prediction has them finishing conservatively finishing at 10 - 6 winning out the rest of their home games. If they can steal a game or two on the road, they should be able to pull out an 11 - 5 or 12 - 4 record as I predicted before the beginning of the season.

thundar1084

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Steelers had to bring out their A++ game at home to beat the Saints even with 3 turnovers and poor special teams play. Enough said.

:gosaints: :bier:

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm suprised about how much negativity is on this board today..

This is not the same ol' saints, far from

This team has a leader
This team has a heart
This team NEVER quits
This team is a T E A M

They may lose a game but they were in there right to the end....

Just a question

How come so many get so negative after we almost beat the reigning SB champions, in their own house, and with them playing with a major chip on their shoulder - Who would have thought that in august !

We were never out of the game

We have a QB and team leader who throws for almost 400 yards and NO interceptions....

We have 2 great RB's who scores 3 TD's between them...

We have a ROY WR, with almost 150 yards....

Yes we lost the game and yes there is still work to do, but don't call them the same ol' Saints, because they are not. They are something we have not have in a very,very long time if ever

A young, smart,up and comming team who works and study hard, shows class and character on and off field and WANTS to win so badly that they fight every second of the 60 game minutes.

I hope the fans are willing to fight for this team as much as the team fights for its fans and the city.

I only get to attend one game this season ( and it takes a 27 hour journey to get there) and win or loose, I'll be in my seat supporting this team until the second the gameclock hits 00:00. I probably will not be able to say a word the day after the game, but this team deserves every support possible.

GEAUX SAINTS
Great Post, Dragon. I'm right there with ya. As a fan of this team since the late 60's, I couldn't be prouder of the way this team plays on the field and how they conduct themselves off the field. For me it all comes down to a word that Payton used often in describing the guys he wanted on his team: High Character Guys. A far cry from the last regime.

I've got a feeling they win the next 3 and quiet the naysayers. And aside from the fumble, Reggie looks like he is figuring it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonsw Wonder if Packers are doing the same thing with Davante Adams, That the Saints did with M.T. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Payton responds to criticism of defense, Brees after Saints loss to Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Two-Part Question about Carson Wentz with tie-in to the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saints trail in NFC South for first time more than 2 years; Week 3 roundup and what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Overreactions from the Saints Week 3 game against the Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at wide receivers, offensive line, general defensive usage in loss to Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
OutlawSaint Last night I almost quit watching the NFL and I guess Saints since they are part of it. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints' Andrus Peat initially diagnosed with high-ankle injury: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints signing veteran cornerback Ken Crawley to the practice squad: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Penalties, Turnover Doom Saints Against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Covington Saint Saints can be an upward trending team as season progresses Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Saints continue to make limited use of Taysom Hill Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buhbooh Saints defense has forced 1 punt in 17 possessions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 44
Andrus Week 3 Saints snap counts and observations SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus 3 Takeaways From Saints Loss to the Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Barnwell: Time to worry about Drew Brees and the Saints? What I've seen in a 1-2 start Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Which QB gives the Saints the best chance to win the game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Saints Week 3: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 28: Saints running back had a big game in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton: 2 straight losses a 'gut check' for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints defense looking for answers after allowing 37 points to Packers: 'We've got to get it fixed' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Aaron Rodgers on lack of Superdome noise after beating Saints: 'Definitely helps us out' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints making things too hard for themselves, too easy for opponents Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Aaron Rodgers on lack of Superdome noise after beating Saints: 'Definitely helps us out' Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Walker: Saints' normal Sunday night supremacy enough to get them back on track Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara Shines, As Saints Fall to Packers 37-30. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara's huge night not enough to end Saints' early-season funk Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Alvin Kamara follows lead block, hurdles him for TD Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Packers ride big arm of Aaron Rodgers past dink-and-dunk Saints SR News Page Articles 0
What we learned, what's trending and final thoughts from the Saints 37-30 loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lean heavily on Alvin Kamara in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Packers top Saints in Superdome, New Orleans loses back-to-back games for 1st time since 2017 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints miss chances, fall to Packers in primetime, 37-30 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints struggles continue as they fall to Packers at home SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints lose back-to-back games for the first time in three seasons SR News Page Articles 0
Packers pull away late to beat Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Dome @ Home - Saints Postgame Show | Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
renegadewa As much as I love my Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Packers and Saints keep trading blows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints TE Jared Cook hurt on first-down catch against Packers, heads back to locker room Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Peat carted off with apparent leg injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LG Andrus Peat carted off in game against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints take lead, but Andrus Peat carted off Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Marcus Davenport, David Onyemata are inactive, as are Packers' Davante Adams, Kenny Clark Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Packers: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2704
Saints vs Packers Inactive reports: Trey Hendrickson active Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints need Bold and Aggressive Sean Payton vs. Packers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4