Novel idea (1 Viewer)

Very interesting

May take some time to read through all that, but "novel" it is. I do like this;

Why are lawyers excluded from the system?

Almost half of all congressional representatives are lawyers, and our laws reflect that. We have become a nation of technicalities, not common sense

This will scare some folks off;

Why do I have to pay $100 to participate in the Candidate Selection Sessions?
The Republicans and Democrats will spend over a billion dollars on the 435 House races, with most of that money coming from special interest groups.

May be true;

Why hasn't this been done before now, and how is this different than other ideas?

The biggest reason is the internet, and the recursive and scalable nature of the solution. We do not believe this system could have been created ten years ago. Today, it is a simple system available to all Americans that will absolutely work.:9:

Will you vote for a law that says under no circumstances should the life of a man or his home be jeopardized at the expense of any plant or animal, regardless of the situation?

What the hell is this supposed to mean? The way it's written is that at no time should my life be jeopardized in order to harm a plant or animal. Well, duh. Do they mean to say to protect a plant or animal?

hmm, i am thinking that may have to do with some of that endangered species/wetlands stuff, where people can't develop their property because it might affect something in the environment.

OR

It means that we actually do need lawyers to tell us what sentences like this mean....

hmm, i am thinking that may have to do with some of that endangered species/wetlands stuff, where people can't develop their property because it might affect something in the environment.

OR

It means that we actually do need lawyers to tell us what sentences like this mean....

Or write them so they're clear and unambiguous. Yes, lawyers can do that if you pay them enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom