Observation about the newly acquired guys.... (1 Viewer)

Vilma, Gay, and McCray are all guys that have been in the league only 3-4 years, but enough experience to know the game. They are all in their prime and a lot of football left to play in each one.

They all are about to hide their stride....I'm glad it'll be with the Saints!

Vilma, Gay, and McCray are all guys that have been in the league only 3-4 years, but enough experience to know the game. They are all in their prime and a lot of football left to play in each one.

In end of the year FO discussions, I am confident that there was an emphasis placed on getting players in this age bracket. They probably want to get younger veterans who will be around for a little while. The Saints are in a strong relative cap position that will allow them to be more aggressive this year, compared to others. Anytime anyone is going to be spending huge wads of cash, they are going to want long-term value. The Saints don't want to dish out the big bucks for a vet that will age out in only a year or two.

You made an excellent point.

Now let me make one:

Do you think that it is a coincidence that Devery Henderson and Randall Gay, former teammates, were signed on the same day? Did one signing impact the other?

Here's another thought:

Are McCray's signing and Ben Troupe's suddenly scheduled upcoming visit a coincidence as well? They are former teammates.

I am not suggesting that players are packaging themselves together, as in Moss and Culpepper, but I am suggesting that personal friendships and past relationships are every bit as much decision-making factors as location, facilities, coaches, systems, etc.

I am confident that it can't hurt our chances for Troupe that Bobby McCray signed already. I am confident that either Devery or Gay may have been swayed by the other's signing.

They may not state this up front, but I have a hunch that this is true.

Captain Obvious

Maybe it is the obvious that is most overlooked, like for instance the great job Loomis was doing when the only move made was trading for Vilma. Sometimes the obvious is a great truth we aren't willing to admit due to damaged ego for things not going as we envisioned. What the OP brought up are the best things about this group of FA's.

Guys stop kidding around, im sure he knows like we all do that the world is flat, the US has no cities, the earth is the only planet with life, and the sun take two big scoops of raisens.

j/k

Maybe it is the obvious that is most overlooked, like for instance the great job Loomis was doing when the only move made was trading for Vilma. Sometimes the obvious is a great truth we aren't willing to admit due to damaged ego for things not going as we envisioned. What the OP brought up are the best things about this group of FA's.

True Dat , and sometimes the things we overlook the most are the things right in front of our faces .

Do you think that it is a coincidence that Devery Henderson and Randall Gay, former teammates, were signed on the same day? Did one signing impact the other?
I had no idea that we would re-sign Devery. Actually, he was usually only good for 1-2 catches a game. Although they were usually touchdowns, he never has played with much consistency. I was rather surprised by this signing. You may have a point with Gay, but I don't know how close he is with Devery. But what ever it took, I like him being a saint and hope for the best.

Has anyone realized this...

This year, last year, and Payton's 1st year...that MOST of the free-agents we sign is from the AFC?

Well if you look at the last 7 years or so, the AFC has pretty much been whipping up on us in the NFC, so that might not be a bad idea. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom