Observations from Doug Farrar's Story on NFL Teams Drifting Away from Having a WR1 (3 Viewers)

No one said he was. I responded to someone who said that MT produced with a variety of QBs. Olave has done that out of the gate as a rookie and 2nd year player. PLUS, being that I AM the biggest MT fan (I will always call things as they are), he didn’t have to do that as a rookie. MT had Drew for 16, 16, and 15 games his first 3 years. So…….

And then he proceeded to have 1400 and 1700 yard seasons playing with three different starting QBs. I felt extremely comfortable making him the highest paid receiver in the league. I’m nowhere near that with Olave. Unless he takes a huge leap this year I hope we trade or let him walk when the time comes. I haven’t seen anything worth 30mil.

I miss prime Colston and Micheal Thomas and doubt this team ever finds a WR of that caliber again
Shoot! I miss Colston, Devrey and Meach! No explanation needed for Colston but the main reason I miss the other 2 is because of their physicality. Them dudes blocked their butts off!! If you look at the 9ers offense last year, they had a big emphasis to run the ball. If we still had the WR’s mentioned above, look out NFL! It was fun to see those WR’s in the picture when Reggie or Pierre would break a long one. I just remember seeing them blocking the hell out of people and when you have that happening on your team it’s very infectious and great things start to happen. I hope I see the same this year!!!!!!

And then he proceeded to have 1400 and 1700 yard seasons playing with three different starting QBs. I felt extremely comfortable making him the highest paid receiver in the league. I’m nowhere near that with Olave. Unless he takes a huge leap this year I hope we trade or let him walk when the time comes. I haven’t seen anything worth 30mil.
The idea of Olave becoming a $30 million WR is a little premature. The only thing we should be worried about, is if this new offense will allow us to win the division. CO has shown that he belongs in this league and he was worth his draft spot selection. He hasn’t done enough to warrant that kind of payday just yet. However, nothing we can say, will change how the market continues to rise.

The idea of Olave becoming a $30 million WR is a little premature. The only thing we should be worried about, is if this new offense will allow us to win the division. CO has shown that he belongs in this league and he was worth his draft spot selection. He hasn’t done enough to warrant that kind of payday just yet. However, nothing we can say, will change how the market continues to rise.

He's eligible for a new contract next year. I have a feeling he's going to start asking for it at that time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom