Observations from Doug Farrar's Story on NFL Teams Drifting Away from Having a WR1 (2 Viewers)

WR salaries have exploded. Unless you have a Bonafide WR1, you are better just drafting a new one. Those salaries are insane.

WR salaries have exploded. Unless you have a Bonafide WR1, you are better just drafting a new one. Those salaries are insane.
But at the same time, QBs salaries have exploded while they are required to do to less and less and years pass.

lol easier to write than accomplish. It’s no diff that running back by committee. You need a good QB to do anything in this league, most importantly win.

The league isnt drifting away from it. Having an elite Quarterback negates the need for a bonafide number 1 receiver. If you dont have that then you need a bonfafide number 1 guy to make up for it.

I saw Michael Thomas thrive with Teddy, Taysom, and Jameis at QB. I don't see the same thing with Olave. Maybe he'll change my mind but as of now I'm not interesting in paying him the 30mil/year he's going to want.
Olave has produced with Dalton, Jameis, and DC4

Who has more rings Mahomes or Tyreek? I bet he gets two more before Tyreek/Waddle even get to one.
So you are saying that you didn't see the Chiefs defense carry them to this last Super Bowl? Truth be told, I wasn't even singling out Mahomes in the comment that I made about 65% YAC (although his is near the top of the league).

If you look at the post, I said "on another note" and then quoted that part of the article and this goes back to what I always bring up around scheming and specifically what they are talking about in terms of motion.

The league isnt drifting away from it. Having an elite Quarterback negates the need for a bonafide number 1 receiver. If you dont have that then you need a bonfafide number 1 guy to make up for it.
But this turns into a chicken or an egg thing. Do QBs elevate WRs or do WRs elevate QBs because I'm trying to think about who we consider "Top 5" and then I'm trying to think of them elevating receivers more than they were before they got there.

2022 we had Jameis (3 games/had his career high of 147 yards) and the Day Walker the rest of the year.
2023 we had DC4
Guess I just have higher expectations because I just haven’t seen it with Olave yet

So you are saying that you didn't see the Chiefs defense carry them to this last Super Bowl? Truth be told, I wasn't even singling out Mahomes in the comment that I made about 65% YAC (although his is near the top of the league).

So you’re saying the Chiefs go to and win the Super Bowl without Mahomes? Never managed to before he became the starter.

So you’re saying the Chiefs go to and win the Super Bowl without Mahomes? Never managed to before he became the starter.
If we are being honest, they didn't do it before Spags. lol

But I will say that with THIS SEASON'S defense, most of his prior offenses would make a run at it. Think about it like this; they were the worst second half team in the entire NFL this past season. They went into the AFC Championship and beat the #4 scoring offense in the NFL, while scoring less than 20 points AND not scoring a single point in the 2nd half of the game. They then go to the Super Bowl, where the special teams/defense keeps them in the game AND makes the crucial plays for the comeback to happen. Talking about the comeback, we saw the ball go over 10 yards once those last 2 drives of the game. So yeah, this season at least, any one of his past teams would have a fantastic chance to win the Super Bowl.

He’s not close to Michael Thomas.
No one said he was. I responded to someone who said that MT produced with a variety of QBs. Olave has done that out of the gate as a rookie and 2nd year player. PLUS, being that I AM the biggest MT fan (I will always call things as they are), he didn’t have to do that as a rookie. MT had Drew for 16, 16, and 15 games his first 3 years. So…….

1720328409272.gif

Guess I just have higher expectations because I just haven’t seen it with Olave yet
You haven’t seen it yet bc he has yet to have a good QB/OC/Offense yet. Dude has had JW/AD/Sneaky Pete without SP🤣🤣🤣. Kinda thought that goes without saying but I get it…….i want to erase that 2022/2023 offense from my memory as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom